hudl2 updated, not working

Options
I updated my hudl2 yesterday.

Initially it wouldn't update. I tried again and it went through the procedure including switching off and restarting. Whether I switch on, off, on again, it won't get beyond the black screen with hudl logo in white and star bleeping on or off. It won't take the next step to the home page.

Has anybody else had this problem?

I think I'm about to invoke Tesco's one year guarantee and ask for a replacement. It seems I will have to do this by phone. I wouldn't fancy my chances at the delivery point, our local Tesco Express. :)

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Factory reset .
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    moved to better area for responses
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • aerostar
    aerostar Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How long have you left it with the Hudl logo ?, it can take a considerable time, to complete the update, as a lot of work is being done underneath. By being impatient you could have corrupted the update with switching on and off.
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Factory reset .
    aerostar wrote: »
    How long have you left it with the Hudl logo ?, it can take a considerable time, to complete the update, as a lot of work is being done underneath. By being impatient you could have corrupted the update with switching on and off.

Over 24 hours. I wasn't being impatient, honest!

I spoke to Tesco technical people yesterday. They said they were aware of the problem and checked that I had tried more than 24 hours previous to the call. Using their instructions, I was able to reset the unit.

All is now working smoothly, except for my apps of course, including some I had paid for.

BTW, previous updates happened quickly and there was no suggestion that this one would be any different. As stated, Tesco are aware of the problem.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Roger1 wrote: »
    All is now working smoothly, except for my apps of course, including some I had paid for.
    You don't have to pay again to re download any apps you have paid for.
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Roger1 wrote: »
    Using their instructions, I was able to reset the unit.

Are you able to share those instructions please?
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chrisw wrote: »
    Are you able to share those instructions please?
    1. When your device is powered off, please press and hold the power and volume up buttons for 20 seconds.
    2. Once the Android System Recovery page has loaded, please use the volume down button to navigate down to "Wipe Cache Partition" and press the power button. This will then wipe the cache partition and return you to the Android Recovery System menu.
    3. Please use the volume down button to navigate to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and press the power button to select this option.
    4. Please then use the volume down button to navigate down to "Yes -- Delete All User Data". This will then perform the factory reset and return you to the Android Recovery System menu.
    5. Finally, please press the power button once again and this will "Reboot System Now"
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mine updated yesterday with no problems, but it did take an absolute age to complete the update. Between the initial download, the update and then it optimising all the apps & various other things. The once it rebooted leaving it until it updated apps.... it must have taken an hour or more.

I'm pretty sure this is the second of two updates it does for Lollipop, and the first one is pretty quick and painless?

I know its common sense to plug your phone/tablet in when updating but this one took an age, so they really should warn people to plug it in first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure