PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 29th September 2015

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 29 September 2015 at 6:23AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Tuesday 29th September 2015

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now getting light, looks to be dry underfoot, but was a cold night, so hoping for a dry day – as I want to continue with the washing and getting it line dried.

DH up and gone to work. DS1 now getting ready for work. DS2 still in his pit but I’ll wake him shortly so he can get ready for school.

Dinner last night was scampi/fillet of fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg. Tonight I had menu planned for a savoury rice dish and mushroom chow mein, but still have a fresh pizza and other bits in the fridge that do need using up – hairdresser is coming tonight so something very quick or something that could be cooking whilst she’s here would be a good idea.

Work yesterday was very quiet to begin with and then was quite manic for a while and then eased off. I’m working at the other office today so not sure what today will bring.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have a functioning bathroom :D Still need to sort some paint and shelving and I've thrown the old doesn't-fit-anymore carpet on the floor for now, til I've chosen the vinyl (I think I want vinyl, not sure yet, lol). The shower looks fab, every time I go upstairs for something I go in the bathroom to look at it :D I haven't actually used it yet, the plumber was fitting us in around other jobs so he couldn't connect the last bit til last night. It's all done now, I'm itching to test it but I'm going to wait til the others have gone to work. I don't want to rush, I want to enjoy it :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Scamps has been really good, considering his routine has been messed about and he hasn't had as much freedom in the house as usual. He's peed in the house a few times – the back door has been open and he's been outside playing, walked into the kitchen, peed, then walked back out! Hopefully that'll stop now we're back to normal.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The curtains in the kitchen, hall and landing need a good wash, they're very dusty. I seem to have collected a mountain of dirty towels so I'll turn the washing machine on in a mo and put it to work. It'll be nice to hang them outside, I haven't used the lines for days because the tile-cutting and plaster-mixing have been done on the patio, didn't want that dust near my clean washing thanks :D
    [/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

After that stunning sky last night you'd think that today would be lovely - not so, at least not yet. It's still grey and cloudy outside.

I'll be getting going soon and head down to Glasgow for a bit of retail therapy. Thanks for the tips Camelot, I might do a little detour down to Clydebank on the way past.

Think I'll wait for breakfast in Glasgow so it's just a case of getting up, showered and going. I filled up the bird feeders last night so the birds won't run out.

Congrats to Tru on the sparkling new shower, i know you'll enjoy it.

That's me. Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday.
  • camelot1001
    Options
    Morning All

MM - Good to hear from you, hope you are feeling better.
    tru - Congrats on the new bathroom, enjoy your shower!
    Welcome to Howmuch.
    LW - Did you have a good holiday?

The fog is clearing at the moment, yesterday was lovely but not as sunny as we were promised. Didn't matter as the washing dried anyway!
    Didn't get as much done yesterday as I had hoped, 2 nights of not much sleep caught up with me and I was on a go-slow. Managed to do some painting and cleared out a cupboard in the laundry so not a wasted day.

Back to work today, just a couple of weeks until half term! Washing on the line, DW emptied and packed lunch of salad with feta made up. Had to use DDs lunch bag as the WM ate mine! Had it for years but it must have got caught somewhere in the machine and it was shredded.

Had stir fried veggies for tea, will probably have the same tonight, DD and I had a rare treat of a steak on Sunday so I think that's probably my meat quota for a good few days.

Have a good day. Take care. XX
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,709 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all

Having a cheap and cheerful day out today,going over to Deal and Walmer Castles, using our EH membership and taking a picnic. Lovely place to walk and cycle if not too windy.

Glorious morning down here, very still at present.

Just enjoying a cup and a catch up.

Have a good day everyone, and hugs to those in need
    Carolbee
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning one and all. Another lovely day forecast - once the sun burns through! It took it until lunchtime yesterday but by the afternoon it was just like summer.

Mr TA managed our walk up to the Moorgate and even beyond yesterday. We sat and relaxed on a big rock enjoying the peace and quiet, enjoying the view and watching the cattle grazing in the fields below us. The farm and it's owners (two elderly ladies) are quite famous. The ladies have been featured on Look North a couple of times (they really are Old Stylers and know all about make-do and mend!) and one of them has written five books about life on the farm from the past to the present time. I've read and enjoyed them all. It's lovely to read tales of our village in days gone by. As much as they love life on their farm, they have a long standing love affair with the Hebrides and their holidays among the crofters feature too.

Today I have a silly day of having all sorts to do and fit in. This morning (after a couple of jobs) the hairdressers for another much needed trim, followed by a walk down to the station to get our Two Together rail pass in readiness for Friday and our appointment at the Royal Liverpool. Back home to make some lunch and then back in town again to meet my oldest friend for a coffee and chat and give her a birthday present. We met when we were 7 and have been friends ever since - an almost 63 year friendship and never a cross word!

There is some ys smoked cod loin thawing out for a quick lunch (will poach and have it with salad and warmed up new pots) This evenings meal yet to be decided!

Have a good day all, enjoy your long long shower TRU! ((((HUGS)))) if needed/wanted and take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Nice bright day here with a good breeze wm is on with another towel load
    which will be hung out today, yesterday it dried in a couple of hours.

Day off today I need to drop dd at the station she had a placement meeting today at uni so it will just be me and the dog here.

Dinner tonight will be a curry I think I pulled some cooked lamb out of the freezer last night so will have a look and see if I have the makings of a curry.

Going to have a good tidy round / hoover this morning then have a good rest this afternoon ready for work tomorrow.

Have god days all xx
  • white-sage
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Tru glad to hear your bathroom is done. Enjoy your shower :)
    Gers those pictures you posted yesterday are fantastic.

I worked hard yesterday .taking advantage of the warm weather I managed to get four loads of washing washed.dried and put away including five big curtains. Ironing them was a challenge as four of the curtains were full length double width. I managed to do them but an arrangement of chairs, the kitchen table and the ironing board to keep them from getting creased again. I got them re-hung last night and I must say they look great :D

Today will be a day in the kitchen doing some cooking and tidying up. I have got one on the big bed throws in the wm so I hope the sun comes out so I can get it dry today.

Whatever you are doing I hope you have a good day x
  • Morning (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.

Another lovely day in prospect, its very chilly just now, but the sun is making an effort to shine.

Nothing planned for today, I have an idea for the girls (ladies) at the patchwork group, I might do some work on that. I guess OH will be in the garden.

I did some research yesterday into a new washer should this one be too costly to repair. My goodness the time it takes some of them to wash is horrendous 3 hours for a 60c white wash. My present machine does it in an hour and its a good wash, gets stains etc out. At that rate I would be washing every day. I also like to be able to control the water temperature which you do not seem to be able to do on the newer machines.

Macaroni cheese tonight with a green salad, no tomatoes OH had the last one for his lunch yesterday.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm still coming back to earth after the most glorious wedding weekend. We had sunshine from dawn to dusk on all three days and so were able to have the ceremony outside under trees followed by lunch beside the swimming pool. My abiding memories are of how beautiful DD was, DH crying when he saw her (setting everyone in the room off), the palpable love her new DH showed for her and of constant smiles on every face. The hard work was all worth it, so many people said it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

I now feel as if I've been beaten and will try to have a lazy week to recover, although I feel the need to get the house back to normal - we just brought everything back and dumped it!

I'll catch up on the last few days thread later but I hope you are all well, have a good day.
  • Good Morning everyone, sunshine and blue sky again, bit of a breeze but still a fantastic day. He Who Knows has just set off for DD1s and I've sorted out all the damages apples from the front tree and boiled them up along with our very first crop of crab apples to make spiced apple jelly this afternoon, the pulp is dripping through the jelly bag at the moment. I have the sweep coming to do the wood stove chimney this morning, a Cookie walk planned after lunch and that's it for organised today, the rest can just be as the mood takes me, lovely.

TRU so glad you can get your shower, enjoy petal, enjoy!!!

SNOOZER lovely to hear how nice your DDs wedding was, weren't you blessed with the weather. It's no wonder you feel as though you've been on a treadmill lovey, take a couple of easy days and catch your breath again, this lovely sun will help you. Cuppas in the garden at random times help with restoration enormously!

TA so nice to hear that you both made it further than the Moor Gate yesterday and enjoyed some time in this lovely autumn weather, hope today is at least as good for Mr TA and if possible, even better!

Have yourselves a lovely day, Lyn xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport