Can I withdraw from my new course

Options
Hi all basically what it is I recently signed up for a new plumbing coarse with a company named Trades gateway & agreed to pay £165 per month for the next three years totaling at £7098 I signed the paperwork on the 25/9/15 However I have recently heard of bad reviews on this particular course things such as, people not hearing anything more from the college or tutors halfway through the course & people not gaining any NVQ's as promised after paying the full amount as well as extra payments being taken out of their account that was not explained before the start of the course. Basically I am wanting to know if I have the right to withdraw from the course & not paying a thing as it has only been a few days since I signed the paperwork.

Comments

• jpok1000
    Options
    Surely a plumbing training course comes in the "Employment Jobseeking & TRAINING" forum
  • BlueEyedGirl
    Options
    Check what you have signed, there could be a cooling off period in which you can cancel.
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    But its a consumer issue, im usually the one that calls out douch replies but in this case, that guy is correct.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your local college would have been a better place to do a plumbing course. At mine, the full course over 2 years is £4k and you get a full set of qualifications.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• DandelionPatrol
    Options
    jpok1000 wrote: »
    Surely a plumbing training course comes in the "Employment Jobseeking & TRAINING" forum
    Indeed. But your question is primarily about cancelling a consumer contract, so the law which applies is consumer law. Hence, Consumer Rights, where you will find more people who are able to answer.
  • amandacat
    Options
    There should be a cooling off period, definitely read the paperwork.

I would inform them straight away that you are not going to proceed before you meet the cooling off deadline.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    But its a consumer issue, im usually the one that calls out douch replies but in this case, that guy is correct.

Beg your pardon?
    jpok1000 wrote:

Your asking for a contract cancellation.
    ally.
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    Beg your pardon?

Your asking for a contract cancellation.

You're pardoned. :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport