cheap energy

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
4 replies 732 views
codierosecodierose Forumite
8 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
sorry if in wrong place.
trying to use cheap energy club to change energy supplier, my cheapest option is Green Star Energy Unlimited Tariff 12M 1509.
when i use the go to site link i cant get this deal only option is
Green Star Energy Rate Saver 12 Month Fixed 3509 Paperless or more expensive ones.
How do i get the best deal from cheap energy club

Replies

• Hi Codierose

If you go to the 'Our Energy Tariffs' tab at the top of Green Star's homepage, there is an option for the 'Unlimited Tariff'.

You should then be able to go ahead and apply (worth double checking the eligibility rules as this tariff is a little unusual with its usage restrictions).

I hope this helps.
  • edited 28 September 2015 at 3:27PM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    25K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 September 2015 at 3:27PM
    The tariff is limited in that your use has to be within certain parameters, it is also not available in all areas. CEC seems to ignore those facts and shows it as available when you are not eligible, it states that my daughter could save £571 a year.
  • thanks for the help. Molerat savings quoted for me is £588.
    I think i have found why i don't get the deal, reason being consumption needs to be between 10500 and 16500 kWh for gas and between 2200 and 4200 kWh for electricity. Alas mine is outside this but for some reason energy club is not taking this into consideration on the comparison.
  • edited 30 September 2015 at 2:51PM
    footyguyfootyguy Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    edited 30 September 2015 at 2:51PM
    codierose wrote: »
    thanks for the help. Molerat savings quoted for me is £588.
    I think i have found why i don't get the deal, reason being consumption needs to be between 10500 and 16500 kWh for gas and between 2200 and 4200 kWh for electricity. Alas mine is outside this but for some reason energy club is not taking this into consideration on the comparison.

See the MSE News thread about this tariff ;)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69223900#post69223900

As I posted there on 26-Sep-2015, I think the supplier has launched this tariff a bit prematurely, with severe restrictions on postcodes accepted and limits to consumption.

However, they appear to be hoping to open this out to all next month (so in my opinion, they should probably have waited until then to launch it)

As the MSE article on this tariff states:
    The tariff, which is currently available to 15% of households in the UK but is planned to roll out across the entire UK from 5 October ...

I'd wait & check again next week if I were you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals