Savings for overseas godchild

Hello all

I've been asked to be godmother for my friend's new baby boy and I was hoping to set up a savings account which I can contribute to regularly (once or twice a year). They live in Germany and are likely to be there for the foreseeable future.

I know the easiest / most tax efficient option would be to set up an account in my name, however I was hoping for it to be in his name. Does anyone knows of any childrens' trust fund/ savings accounts which do not require the child to be UK resident? I would prefer not to venture into opening overseas accounts unless I have to.

Thanks for your help!


This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 448.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 232K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 603.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.7K Life & Family
  • 245.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards