Benenden Health

Just a warning to others thinking of joining this company. I decided to check with this company if they would be able to help me before I joined them so there would be no nasty shocks.

I told them I was on a waiting list for a procedure. I even told them the name of it and specifically asked could they help me get the procedure done any quicker if I was a member of Benenden.

Benenden replied to my email stating the only obstacle was I had to be a member for 6 months.

On that basis, I told them what operation I needed, I joined and waited in pain for 6 months to pass. I contacted them after 6 months and a very curt email stating they would not be helping me!

Luckily I kept all emails between myself and Benenden. Just a warning to others

Comments

• tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    What reason do they give for not covering you? Their website generally covers what they do and do not cover.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    hardtimes wrote: »
    Just a warning to others thinking of joining this company. I decided to check with this company if they would be able to help me before I joined them so there would be no nasty shocks.

I told them I was on a waiting list for a procedure. I even told them the name of it and specifically asked could they help me get the procedure done any quicker if I was a member of Benenden.

Benenden replied to my email stating the only obstacle was I had to be a member for 6 months.

On that basis, I told them what operation I needed, I joined and waited in pain for 6 months to pass. I contacted them after 6 months and a very curt email stating they would not be helping me!

Luckily I kept all emails between myself and Benenden. Just a warning to others

I have been a member of Benenden for over 50 years so you will probably think I am biased but I have always found them extremely helpful and as stated above information showing exactly what is covered by them is available on their website and literature sent out when you join.

It would be interesting to know what procedure you wanted, as they offer different help for a variety of problems,but perhaps understandably you might not want to disclose this on an open forum.

However they do have a complaints/ appeals procedure so I would suggest you send your e- mails to Mr R Faoil the organisations secretary.

Also are you a member of a local branch, if so contact someone on the committee and they might be able to help.
  • hardtimes
    hardtimes Posts: 345 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2015 at 6:06PM
    I can only speak as I find. The company were asked a question about a specific operation. An honest answer is "sorry we don't deal with that".
    Complaint made. Not holding my breath.

I must congratulate them on their speed and efficiency when I cancelled my direct debit at my bank.
    I received a letter the next day with a leaflet asking what I would do if I needed their help.
    I think we know the answer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport