IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Hospital fine

Options
I am a member of staff at a british hospital and received a parking charge notice from legion group yesterday.
I was rushing my 6 month old baby to a&e as he was very unwell. There was no spaces left outside my work building and the visitors car park was queued up so I parked in a staff disabled space opposite my ward.
I have read that disabled bays are not legally enforced when on private property so is that the stance I should take when appealing in addition to telling them my reasoning and saying I will complain to my employers?
Any advice or links to a template would be gratefully received thanks

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sleepfreak wrote: »
    I am a member of staff at a british hospital and received a parking charge notice from legion group yesterday.
    I was rushing my 6 month old baby to a&e as he was very unwell. There was no spaces left outside my work building and the visitors car park was queued up so I parked in a staff disabled space opposite my ward.
    I have read that disabled bays are not legally enforced when on private property so is that the stance I should take when appealing in addition to telling them my reasoning and saying I will complain to my employers?
    Any advice or links to a template would be gratefully received thanks

Start by reading the Sticky thread for NEWBIES at the top of the page then appeal using the template letter it contains.

Meanwhile, contact PALS and your Union.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,568 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 September 2015 at 10:52AM
    Options
    ...and don't call it a f - - -, please It isn't!
    It's an unenforceable invoice, a facsimile document demanding money.
    If it didn't look convincing and read scarily, it wouldn't intimidate people.
    That's why it's done.
    Read, absorb, as Fruitcake advises - it takes more than one glance.

Check Elle-See's Thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5321088.

Subscribe to Parking Prankster's blog, with particular reference to hospital parking:
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport