IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

P4Parking PCN

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and have read through all the 'Newbie' advice. I live in an apartment block in Acton, London. Since the development's parking system is being overhauled, residents are, for the time being, not able to buy six months residents parking permits, like they were in the past. The concierge desk has been handing out (and since last week, selling, for £40) temporary paper permits, valid for a month at a time. A couple of nights ago I was parked in the basement parking area, and I got a ticket from p4parking, since the permit slid down the dashboard towards the windscreen and the dates couldn't be seen properly.

The ticket states: 228-Permit not verifiable.

Am I right in thinking the latest advice is to wait for 3 weeks before appealing electronically to p4parking, using the template on the newbies thread, and then to wait for an NtK through the post, before appealing to POPLA using the template, and adding in the new paragraph in blue on the 'Newbie' thread?

I would be grateful for any advice!

JC

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yep, wait for around 22/23 days then send in your appeal as per the newbie sticky template. Don't try to embellish it; you must be careful not to identify the driver, so use it exactly 'as is'.

It's likely that the PPC will respond to the appeal, reject it and give you a POPLA code. In their excitement at rejecting your appeal they will likely overlook sending a NtK.

Your principal appeal point to POPLA will be 'no keeper liability, no NtK served within the prescribed timescale' - so you have to get your timing right for your POPLA appeal too, so that it doesn't give the PPC the chance to try sending one late.

Come back once you've had your rejection and POPLA code.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • JoChu
    Options
    Thank you for the advice - much appreciated! I'll come back once I've had the rejection and POPLA code.

JC
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport