IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice post Popla appeal

Options
Hi only just found this site apologies for not using your recommended templates etc. I received a PCN from met parking for failing to display a permit. I appealed to met, refused, I appealed to Popla, refused. I do not own the car but have admitted I was the driver as I knew my employer would force me to just pay the charge. I still believe I have a good case against the PCN (it was on private land) so am I best to write to met parking informing them of this or should I just ignore there future demands and threats as I have noticed so many others have done?

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you've failed at POPLA, there's nothing MET are going to do to agree to drop this. Here are your options:

1. Pay it (but be clear that the POPLA decision is not binding on you). We do not advise paying as there is no compulsion on you to do so.

2. Ignore the POPLA result, and do as hundreds before you have done, and ignore any further letters (primarily from debt collectors - they are powerless and can do nothing other than write to you) that come your way. The only letters that you do not ignore are Letter Before Claim (from MET) or stamped court papers (both unlikely with MET).

3. A bit late in the day, but you could try a complaint to the landowner who contracts with MET and try to get them to tell MET to cancel it (but a long shot).

Just ignore it and see where that takes you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Read this

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/wheels-fall-off-for-met-parking.html

They are not the sharpest tool in the box, if they take you to court you should not have too much trouble beating them
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Tomlinsteven
    Options
    Thank you I'll keep this post updated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills