IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Self Ticketing getting out of hand?

Options
A council will give teachers the power to issue parking tickets to parents who clog the roads outside schools

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3248741/Council-gives-TEACHERS-power-issue-parking-tickets-selfish-school-run-parents-clog-roads.html

What exactly is "a portfolio holder for public protection" anyway?

Comments

• Myriddin
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    What exactly is "a portfolio holder for public protection" anyway?

She's here and looks about 12 year old :):

http://www.theenquirer.co.uk/thurrocks-new-portfolio-holder-for-public-protection-and-communities-speaks-out/
    'People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.' Wizard's first rule © Terry Goodkind.
  • Zero_Gravitas
    Options
    BBC have got this now as well:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-34359046

What could possibly go wrong?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Seems a good idea to me, too many yummie mummies in Chelsea tractors picking up Tarquin and Araminta and blocking access for us O.A.P,s going to and from bingo.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I bet the teachers will be relishing this like a hole in the head. They don't need that aggro before teaching primary school children for the day.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Seems a good idea to me, too many yummie mummies in Chelsea tractors picking up Tarquin and Araminta and blocking access for us O.A.P,s going to and from bingo.

May be so TD, but this isn't the job of teachers.

Perhaps the school jani, or what about the dinner ladies, possibly the cleaners, why not the lollipop bod? Or just get a local Norris Cole to take it on. Maybe a job for Rolf on release. :rotfl:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »

But why teachers? If it's a problem, the council must still have a few real parking wardens left that haven't been downsized. They the tickets will actually be enforceable too.

I genuinely doubt any teachers are going to be doing this unless some upper manager is watching them.
  • GingerBob_3
    Options
    Myriddin wrote: »

She says: "When people think of councils, they think of bin collections first, then maybe child and vulnerable adult protection, schools, roads and then maybe cleaning the streets.
    But my portfolio alone covers a remarkably large number of things – and it’s not the largest portfolio, and only one of nine!"

Er, no! When I think of local councils I think of bin emptying, full stop. Think Local Council. Think Rubbish.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I bet the teachers will be relishing this like a hole in the head. They don't need that aggro before teaching primary school children for the day.

Yup - it also strikes me that the act of ticketing might well be in direct opposition of two, maybe three of the basic standards of professional conduct for teachers.

Which of course would call their fitness to teach into question and could well cause problems with their ongoing registration.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure