IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel/DRP Help wanted

Options
In May 2012 i parked in an excel car park whilst driving a company vehicle. In error i input my usual cars registration on the ticket, daft error to make but it was the car i had been driving for 10 years.
A fine was received to which i appealed 3 times to excel, receiving (as far as i can remember) only one rejection notice and no details of who to contact should i wish to appeal this to an independent company (in this case IPC). Upon my this email i stated as i had not heard anything i would have to assume this had been cancelled as no emails or letters had come through since the original rejection letter.
Fast forward 39 months and a debt recovery letter from DRP appears on my doorstep threatening me with court proceedings for the above PCN. I have attempted to speak to them regarding this but there is no talking to them, "reduced offer" "nothing they can do" are the type of responses i am getting.
The question is what next? I do not feel i should have to pay this as it was a simple human error, not an avoidance of paying. I was also not offered an independent appeal process nor have i heard from the company for 3 years! I have wrote to IPC in the hope they can help but after 12 months i believe it becomes redundant.
Any help and advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You ignore them. It's just bluster to try and get you to pay out before it's statute barred.

Ignore anything that isn't court paperwork (which is unlikely).
  • Jim_AFCB
    Options
    supertrin wrote: »
    In May 2012 i parked in an excel car park whilst driving a company vehicle. In error i input my usual cars registration on the ticket, daft error to make but it was the car i had been driving for 10 years.
    A fine was received to which i appealed 3 times to excel, receiving (as far as i can remember) only one rejection notice and no details of who to contact should i wish to appeal this to an independent company (in this case IPC). Upon my this email i stated as i had not heard anything i would have to assume this had been cancelled as no emails or letters had come through since the original rejection letter.
    Fast forward 39 months and a debt recovery letter from DRP appears on my doorstep threatening me with court proceedings for the above PCN. I have attempted to speak to them regarding this but there is no talking to them, "reduced offer" "nothing they can do" are the type of responses i am getting.
    The question is what next? I do not feel i should have to pay this as it was a simple human error, not an avoidance of paying. I was also not offered an independent appeal process nor have i heard from the company for 3 years! I have wrote to IPC in the hope they can help but after 12 months i believe it becomes redundant.
    Any help and advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

May 2012 predates the Protection of Freedoms Act, so they can only persue the driver. IPC/IAS did not exist then, and there was no means of appeal pre-POFA (October 2012)

Have you already told them who was driving?

At this stage, the best thing to do is totally ignore the debt collectors letter, they can't take you to court - only Excel, or the landowner can.
    Bournemouth - home of the Mighty Cherries
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    do you have some learning to do ... ;)

have a quick read through the newbies

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

" I have attempted to speak to them regarding this but there is no talking to them, "reduced offer" "nothing they can do" are the type of responses i am getting. "

never ever speak to debt crawlers :eek:

"I have wrote to IPC in the hope they can help but after 12 months i believe it becomes redundant. "

if you has spoken to the IPC weeks after it would have made no difference :eek:

read up and ignore ....

unless 'real' notice of court .... or 'real' court papers are served ......

Ralph:cool:
  • supertrin
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help and messages. I sort of knew some if the above but felt i had to respond as they had put a tracer on me to find my current address.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure