IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Intended court action

Options
Hi,
I'm from Northern Ireland and I received a letter and a final payment letter from UKPC which I had ignored, which was then followed by several letters from DRP with the latest one being an intended notice of court action. I have had a look around the forum and read up on the newbie sticky notes but i couldn't seem to see anything up to date regarding these issues in Northern Ireland. Is it still ok to ignore these letters? Has anything changed that would suggest otherwise? If someone could give me advice on what to do or point me in the right direction that would be great.
Thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    All covered in #1 of the Newbies FAQ thread at the top of the forum.

(Assuming they don't know who the driver was, continue to ignore - DRP cannot take court action - the threat is just a tactic to frighten you into paying)
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Newbies Sticky is fully up to date as far as the situation in Scotland and NI is concerned - IGNORE.

Get reading! :)
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 25 September 2015 at 9:39AM
    Options
    UKPC are in deep doo doo, have you read about it?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLS_en-GBGB547GB548&q=UKPC+fraud

I do not think that they will be going anywhere near court, except as defendants.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • 2Dogs15
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses. The intended court action letter did throw me a bit as it goes on to say it could seriously affect my ability to obtain credit in the future and then a link to see some of their successful court judgements. Its shocking the scare tactics these companies use. I will just continue to ignore them until they stop which will hopefully be soon. Is it too late at this stage to complain to the retailer?
    Thanks
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    You might wish to complain to Trading Standards, AFAIAA, UKPC have never taken anyone to court, (although they have been taken to court themselves by Hull Trading Standards and Roger Davey). The cases they quoted were certainly not theirs.

Depending on the wording of the letters, they may have committed an offence.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 September 2015 at 3:10PM
    Options
    Never too late to complain to the retailer/landowner. Always do that and if complaining to a retailer, make sure you are speaking to the Store Manager ONLY, or Head Office. However in my experience most retail parks do nothing about UKPC tickets.

Try the complaint - certainly - but just ignore UKPC's letters in the absence of a real Letter before CLaim. If these are all merely letters from DRP and Zenith there really is no need to even ask - just ignore ALL letters from DRP or Zenith or PCS (all the same debt collector firm). Nothing has changed, no new threads are ever needed about DRP/Zenith letters because we have umpteen thousand here already.

Try Google searching a notable phrase from the letter each time a new one arrives, pick a sentence and Google it with the added acronym 'DRP' and you will be as bored as we are with all the threads you find...!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure