Replennage Free Trial

Options
Currently lots of web sites pointing to a free trial of Replennage Anti Aging Serum

Has anyone taken up the trial, is there a catch

Thanks

Comments

• asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Trial Terms:

The trial offer is designed to display the quality of our product. This gives you the opportunity to try this remarkable product for only shipping and handling so you can come to a decision for yourself if this is the right product for you.

By ordering today, you will be charged £2.95 (depending on which option you select) for shipping and you will automatically become a part of our customer club in which you will receive a one month supply of our revolutionary cream to try during the 14 day trial period. Please note, the 14 day trial period includes shipping and transit time. If you are satisfied with the product, you need do nothing else and upon the expiration of the trial period, the form of payment you used for the trial order will be billed (£ depending on which option you selected) for the full cost of the product. Afterwhich, on approximately the 30th day from your original trial order date, and every thirty days thereafter, we will send you a fresh monthly supply of the product, and the form of payment you provided will automatically be billed the members only price of (£ depending on which option you selected) per month. There's no obligation, you may cancel or adjust the shipments of your value-shipment program at any time. If you are dissatisfied with the product, please contact us within the 14 day trial period to cancel your membership and avoid being charged for the full price of the product.

PLEASE NOTE: Your cancelation notification will be emailed immediately after the cancelation is created. If you do not receive this email, please contact our support staff.

So a bit like Raspberry Ketones.
    ally.
  • DanC7
    Options
    Hello,

My girlfriend signed up for the free Replennage trial and has been charged for the monthly delivery of the product. In fact, she has been charged twice this month and recieved no product. She did not want to be signed up for the monthly deliveries of the product. Could you please tell me who to contact about cancelling future deliveries.

Thank you.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You need to contact the company and cancel. When you signed up for the Trial you should have read the terms and conditions. In there it will say you are signing up for a auto delivery of the product.
  • HinkJean
    Options
    Beware!
    I missed the t&c section and so I will now receive 2 tiny pots of cream per month at the horrendous cost of £174 for the two!! Also, the phone number they give, starting 0800, is America. You have to hold on for ages in a queue, in order to cancel the subscription. Fortunately, my bank very kindly did this for me.
  • mamaseun
    Options
    BEWARE!!!! I thought I was paying for a free sample.I got billed £89.95 within 2 weeks.I received no products!!!I phoned the company and I was treated unkindly and told I could not receive a refund.This company is employing dirty marketing tactics to sell their products.
  • My mother ordered some cream via Facebook. She thought she was paying £5 ish, for delivery only. Within a number of weeks, she had been rebilled £89 THREE times. Plus delivery charges.

She didn't suspect that replennage was a scam, at first.

It seems (to me) that a contract is initiated, and if you don't cancel it within 14 days (or something) it continues.

I threatened to sue them. The company refused to give ANY details of directors, or trading addresses, or the official company name.

I told them the call was being recorded, and that I would not be getting off the phone until they had given me the address of the building they were in (in the USA) as well as any UK company names.

After I had taken down UK company names, I asked them to hold whilst I searched for their existence. The company names they gave in the UK simply do not exist.

It looks like the company operates out of Vegas, Nevada, and I managed to track down who I think the director is, a Canadian woman by the looks of it.

They admitted the claims they make about their cream are unsubstantiated, according to a british newspaper, managed to get £300 out of my pensioner mother (the cream costs more than her pension), and there is more.

The day my mother found out about the scam, she told people. And found out she was not the only one to have been duped by this company, of her small circle of friends.

The company is big enough to have caused a stir, but searching for information (to my professional eye) only brings up pages that appear to have been promoted by them, or people working for them, to gain rankings in google for the very things you would type in, if you were trying to find out if replennage was a scam. Type "Is replennage face cream a scam" into Google, and they have pages optimised specifically to address this concern.

After threatening to sue them, they refunded her money. I can't be bothered to sue them, but as far as i can see, in my humble opinion, they are out to sell sub-standard face creams to older folk, in such a way that the buyers don't seem to realise they are signing up for a contract, nor do they make their £89 per tub per MONTH(?) fees clear, nor can you find out who they are, where they are based, and they will give fake company names in the UK over the phone if you enquire.

So to be on the safe side, if you suspect replennage face cream may be a scam, don't bother. But if you surfed in from google, wondering if replennage face creams were a scam, you've probably already ordered.

Get in touch with your credit card company. My mum rang hers. The lady on the phone immediately said... surprise surprise... we have had lots of similar complaints regarding the same company.

The more people that link to this page, the higher it will rank in Google, helping this page to hopefully rank higher than the pages that they have created, to divert attention from their 'scam'

I use the term scam loosely for legal reasons. If a number of people expect to pay a once off fee of £5, and end up somehow signing up to an £89 per month fee (billed three times in just a few weeks) then, regardless of how the small print was bypassed, thats a scam in my mind. No one buys a product these days, to discover hidden prices, unless the prices were hidden intentionally.

Replennage. Avoid it. Link to this article. I wouldn't bother if I were you.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Beauty Rule One:

NEVER EVER GO FOR FREE TRIALS OF ANYTHING ADVERTISED ON FACEBOOK
  • Sueispoohs
    Options
    I wnet through the process for the free trial thought it had been cancelled but they took the original amount out and three weeks later a packet was dumped outside my flat which weas not sercure and now they have taken 89 from my account. i phoned the 0800 number and I spoke to an american woman who was unhelpful and said it was in terms and conditions which there nothing of the cost on what I saw and they do not refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor which Surprise surprise she apparently was , I asked to speak to anyone but her and refused again. I now need advise on which direct to take asd I cannot afford 89 for cream I dont even use or want or ever did.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is a scam & they will continually plumb into your bank account.

I can't believe that they get away with this.
  • Bramblemartin
    Options
    You agree to pay for P&P for a free sample. The company then set up a Recurrent Transaction Agreement for £89.99 per item per month and charge you hundreds of pounds. The banks aren't interested in stopping this. The T&C (that are hidden) include a RTA that is automatically signed up to by paying for the P&P free sample and which the company has "the exclusive right to modify". In other words, they can charge what they like when they like and only they can cancel it. IT IS A SCAM and has cost thousands of people hundreds of pounds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure