Lounge/dining room or 3rd bedroom/Dining room

Options
We have just moved into a 2/3 bed dormer bungalow with one bedroom upstairs, one downstairs and the 3rd room with the door off the lounge and used as a dining room. We were hoping to knock through to make a large living/diner room but this means there is no way it can be classed as a 2/3 bed house, but it will have a great living/diner and the option to put the wall back up if anyone wanted. Just wondered what everyone would prefer.
The downstairs bedroom and the 3rd bed/dining room both have patio doors to the back garden and are the only way to get to the back garden so if left as a 3rd bedroom you would always need to walk through it to get to put your washing out etc

Comments

• BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    How long do you intend staying ? No point investing money in a nice new home and then not enjoying it to the max.
    If it was me I would do what suited me best at the current time and enjoy every minute of it.
    If you plan to move a few years down the line factor in the cost of returning it to a bedroom maybe under advice from the local estate agents who I am sure could advise which would be the best seller/value.
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • Infidel
    Infidel Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Options
    Tough one. Living diners are great in one respect - social interaction, space - but not in another - cooking smells/noises mixed with relaxation/TV watching etc.

Having to walk through a bedroom would obviously be an annoyance though I don't know where you live but putting washing out to dry isn't really feasible 10 months of the year in some places.

Your choice might just come down to the length of time you're staying in the property and whether or not it would #costs too much to put back the way it was (if needed) and/or resale value.
    Instigated terrorism the road to dictatorship.
  • Gina2210
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, we are going to be moving on when it has been renovated so it sounds like it may not be worth the cost or time. We have asked a couple of estate agents and there advice is similar , to keep the costs down and if we were staying to do what we prefer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure