PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How much is your allotment?

2»

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Mine is £40.80 for 250 sqm, plus £9.60 water charges (metered in arrears), £2.15 site insurance & £5.50 site association fee (our site is one of 6 in a federation, who manage the sites on behalf of the local council who own the land). We also pay £25 key deposits for the gates, and now it is £50 plot deposit returnable of surrender of a clean rubbish-free plot, although that wasn't in place when I took my plot on.

I was on the list for just over 12 months, took 3/5 of a plot first 4 years ago, then got the balance 2 years later to have the full plot.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • £10 a year.
  • nat21luv
    nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
    £21 a year with water. Waited 4 years.
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    £24 a year including water, full plot, 10mx6m.
  • £20 per year for half a plot with water supply, intermittent delivery of farmyard manure that everyone can help themselves to, grass cutting of the main walk ways and of the surrounding hedges.

Sadly giving it up as not enough time to keep of top of it - its a 5 mile car journey way as both of us work full time ad OH on 24-hour call every other week
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :( 15p per square meter per year (plots are variable sizes, with many sub-divided). 50% discount on that if in receipt of a means-tested benefit. Price includes water supply to stand taps. Gone up a lot in recent years.:(
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • 100 sq feet with water. Cost is £37 per year. Position and friendship on the small private local site under the skylarks, is priceless
  • Mine is £20 for a whole plot per year, im in Cambridge
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you live locally (The area where the allotment site is in Leicester, not just in Leicester) a full size plot is £25 if not its £32 per year.

Two taps. Grass verges and hedges cut by council.

When I got my plot around 8 years ago there wasn't a waiting list. We are told that there is one now. The council are in the process of providing another site in the area.
  • Just had the email about my yearly fees today. £46 for the year. I am in Wiltshire. Waited a year for my plot but I do think I got lucky as they went through the waiting list and cut it down those that no longer wanted an allotment.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport