I am about to be made redundant

Options
Hi, Need some advice. Company offered voluntary redundancy. On the 1 st of October gonna be 2 years on permanent contract. How to negotiate a good voluntary package? I think i have to mention about investigation going on as I accused my manager of unfair treatment as I felt discriminated( I am Polish working for an aerospace industry) Can I use it while negotiating? Or should I hire a solicitor to represent me??Thanks in advance for your time

Comments

• London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As it is voluntary redundancy the choice is in your hands, do you want to leave?? is it easy for you to get another job in a fair time period in the same line of work {if that is what you want}??
    How do you think your problem with your manager will be if you choose to stay and could that person have any sway as to what would happen to you if you stay put and still work under him??
    All these things you need to think about before you choose what way to go. I would not think you need a solicitor to represent you as it should just be a talk between you and the bosses to tell you what they will offer you to leave. Just listen to their offer and if it is not what you wanted or expected tell them what you would like to go, perhaps a deal can be done but if not you just stay at that company.
    Do take on board that if you turn the offer down and cannot reach a deal to suit both of you you will be no better off than you are now and if the investigation does not go in your favor the person you are having problems with COULD be there to act in what way he has in the past meaning if things did get that bad for you and you then choose to leave you walk away with nothing.
  • aril85_2
    Options
    Thank you so much for replying me back. I have been thinking of leaving anyway. I am not happy there. First level of investigation was pretty serious as I had all of my notes in the diary and they were copying everything and we went through all of the details have happened in the past 2 years. I could easily sue them for a discrimination as I had evidence and witnesses but I wanted to avoid of the hassle but in this situation can I use it to try to negotiate a better voluntary package ? Company would save a time and money for another investigations thanks to this. Is it worthy to use this argument?
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 September 2015 at 11:02AM
    Options
    Have you thought that this could be why you are being offered the VR {ie the company may think that you have a good case and rather than risk loosing they could try to get out of it with the VR idea??}
    I think without {you understand}myself not knowing the full situation I would suggest that you listen to what offer they put on the table and see if you can push them a bit further. If they agree to any extra then my feeling would be that they are worried and without going over the top see just how far they are prepared to go with you.
    I am sorry that I cannot offer any better advise as I am no legal person I am just going on my own feelings but it could work for you, just see how they react if you say that for "xyz" more you could except the offer of VR.
    Good luck and I hope things go well for you :0)
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    aril85 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for replying me back. I have been thinking of leaving anyway. I am not happy there. First level of investigation was pretty serious as I had all of my notes in the diary and they were copying everything and we went through all of the details have happened in the past 2 years. I could easily sue them for a discrimination as I had evidence and witnesses but I wanted to avoid of the hassle but in this situation can I use it to try to negotiate a better voluntary package ? Company would save a time and money for another investigations thanks to this. Is it worthy to use this argument?

I'd say not straight away. First listen what they have on the table then think what you'd want.
    ally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport