Specsavers vouchers, anyone?

Comments

• neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Hi all,

I just rung specsavers and been informed they charge 25 quid to do a checkup ... so for me and my wife thats 50 quid straight away down the swanneee.

I've never had to pay for a checkup before at all, and I got 3 different glasses from them as times gone by etc.

So am a bit confused at this payment. IS there a way to get around this fee or get a coupon or offer for a free test?

I also work 4+ hours a day on my VDU screen at work so maybe my work covers tests.

Thanks
  • cornishpasty1
    cornishpasty1 Posts: 27,908 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I saw a free eyetest (& 500 nectar points) and 20% off glasses at Dolland & Aitchison (and 2000 nectar points) the other day, you have to sign up and they send you a voucher which you take in. I sent this to my aunt the other day and will forward on to you later when home if you haven't already been sent it by then.

Best of luck :money:
    #StaySafe
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year
  • cornishpasty1
    cornishpasty1 Posts: 27,908 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    As promised in earlier mail, find attached link to free Dolland & Aitchison eye test (and 500 nectar points) and 20% off glasses (over the value of £100 and 2000 nectar points). You need to sign up and then print off the vouchers. :j
    There was also a free eye test with Tesco recently. :j

Sorry can't submit link, so please go to Dolland & Aitchison and try to find it there.
    #StaySafe
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year
  • I had an eye test at specsavers in eastbourne last weekend and it was £19.95
  • neas
    thx guys, my work givesd me free eye tests so thats 25 quid cheaper :P

Still wife who i've got to sort tho.. Want to go specsavers as have these 20 quid off 99+ glasses voucher..
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you have a Morrisons near you, on the back of their till receipts there is a token that gives £10 eye tests at Specsavers..

If you havent them pm me and i will send you one.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • neas
    we have a tesco nearby but morrisions ia 5 miles+ away and I dont have a car.

I will pm you.. thanks.
  • roodles_2
    roodles_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Free eye test and 500 nectar points at D&A - expires end of August 2009 click here for voucher via email. http://www.danda.co.uk/140709-prosp-fet-500pts-20000-20/
  • silverfairy
    silverfairy Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Do you have a local free paper delivered? Ours usually has a voucher for a free eye test at the local Specsavers in town.As one voucher date ends another usually appears.Can only be used if glasses £75 or over are purchased.
  • gismo1554
    gismo1554 Posts: 711 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think the price in Specsavers is different if you get glasses. I only paid £13.95
    Never give up the dream! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport