Xbox 360 game recommendations

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
18 replies 3.8K views
CallistoCallisto Forumite
928 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
I would appreciate some game recommendations for the Xbox 360, as I am seriously late in getting one and there are so many games available.

I currently have LA Noire, Assassins Creed 1 & 2 and Mirrors Edge (haven't played this yet) to give you an idea. Don't like sport games, other than tennis, and not too keen on realistic war games.

I will be buying second hand from the usual auction site and Amzn, is there anywhere else decent for second hand games? Also is it generally better to get Game of the Year editions where possible?

Replies

• If you like RPG then The Mass Effect Trilogy + DLC has a brilliant story line.
  • Grand Theft Auto IV & V
    Halo Series
    Mass Effect Series
    Gears Of War series
    Batman: Arkham series
    Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
    Red Dead Redemption
    Fallout 3
    Fable 2
    Deus EX: Human Revolution
    Burnout: Paradise City(A bit old now but it's a great game)
    X-Com: Enemy Unknown
    Civilisation Revolution
    Tomb Raider
    Bioshock
    Alan Wake
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Mortal Kombat
    Injustice: Gods Among Us

That lot covers most of the big games on 360 and a wide variety of genres.

Game Of The Year editions are generally better as they include all the DLC
  • edited 12 September 2015 at 12:54PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 September 2015 at 12:54PM
    AndyBSG wrote: »

Game Of The Year editions are generally better as they include all the DLC

Is the DLC with the GOTY editions just one time use ?

Ive not bought a second copy of a GOTY edition of a game.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Callisto wrote: »
    I will be buying second hand from the usual auction site and Amazon, is there anywhere else decent for second hand games?

There is a site called Grainger games who sell used games (just like GAME do)

Give GAME in store a try as well as Cex if you have them nearby to compare prices.
  • DCFC79 wrote: »
    Is the DLC with the GOTY editions just one time use ?

Ive not bought a second copy of a GOTY edition of a game.

Ah ok (I am new to all of this DLC stuff), so pointless to buy GOTY unless new then really, unless there are extra levels/maps included on the disc.

• Tombraider (the new one) is a pretty game which I enjoyed (8/10)

Call Of Duty multiplayer is cracking, but very hard and a bit demoralising at first. I'd go with Modern Warfare 3 (9/10) or Black Ops 2 (9/10).

If you are made of sterner stuff: Dark Souls (10/10).

A really cracking game. The only comparison i could maybe make would be Skyrim (8/10), which is all well and good in it's way, but I'd be surprised if anyone who'd actually played both for any amount of time wouldn't plump for DS. (not to suggest Skyrim isn't a good game, which it is!)

Very good decision on getting the older gen console. I've got a 360 and I'm seriously considering a ps3 for the exclusives (including Demon Souls, the first in the dark souls games)
  • edited 12 September 2015 at 10:23PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 September 2015 at 10:23PM
    Callisto wrote: »
    Ah ok (I am new to all of this DLC stuff), so pointless to buy GOTY unless new then really, unless there are extra levels/maps included on the disc.

I'm not saying its pointless in buying the goty editions, the codes might be multi use but I can't say for sure as Ive not bought a used copy of a goty game.

You might find some copies do have the codes for the dlc included.

This copy of Fable 2 is from the classics range and included are the 2 expansion packs 'Knothole Island' and 'See The Future'.

So on that basis id look for copies that are new but also part of the classics range (when games have sold x amount they get to be part of the classics or budget range ).

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, oh and welcome to Xbox.

Are you an Xbox Gold subscriber (can cost from about £19 to maybe £23) ? You can download 2 free games a month if your Gold.
  • burnoutbabeburnoutbabe Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Things like Fallout and Skyrim, the DLC is on the disk, so it doesnt need a code and can be used again on a 2nd hand game. But double check that googling specific editions. I know it worked when I bought DLC on Disks for Fallout.

I loved all the Lego games as well. Fable 2 was good, 3 not so much and Anniversary only one for fans.

Bioshock 1-3 are well worth playing.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like Fallout and Skyrim, the DLC is on the disk, so it doesnt need a code and can be used again on a 2nd hand game. But double check that googling specific editions. I know it worked when I bought DLC on Disks for Fallout.

I loved all the Lego games as well. Fable 2 was good, 3 not so much and Anniversary only one for fans.

Bioshock 1-3 are well worth playing.

Good point re fallout and skyrim dlc being on disc.
  • Borderlands, fallout 3, oblivion and
    skyrim were my favourite 360 games.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals