Ugg Boots from £62 delivered

Comments

• ultrak3wl
    ultrak3wl Posts: 471 Forumite
    I feel a bit mean saying this but... are they called ugg because it's short for fuggly? My gran used to wear boots just like these!
    [size=+2]I MSE[/size]
  • mascherano wrote: »
    hahahaha, you're all buying fakes! suckers!
    I think you'll find 'Fakes' are those cheap nasty copies designed to look like the ones shown in post 38. The others are genuine sheepskin - just different brands.
  • scorpio13
    scorpio13 Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    ultrak3wl wrote: »
    I feel a bit mean saying this but... are they called ugg because it's short for fuggly? My gran used to wear boots just like these!

Lol!:D

They do look good when worn......................honest!

And they're very comfortable as well.

As a Jeans & Trainers kind'a girl myself, they're ideal (especially when walking around shopping etc. & you don't do high Heeled Boots).
  • lumpy_bum
    lumpy_bum Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    i got a pair simular for 15 quid from ebay...theyre not uggs but lookalikes and considering how often i will wear them im glad i didnt pay any more lol

i normally succumbe to the shoe of the moment phase and my cc has suffered greatly for this...no more shoes for me lol
    :cool:minds is willing , soul remains, this woman cannot be saved :cool:
    ;);););););););):A;);););););););)

• lumpy_bum wrote: »
    i got a pair simular for 15 quid from ebay...theyre not uggs but lookalikes and considering how often i will wear them im glad i didnt pay any more lol

i normally succumbe to the shoe of the moment phase and my cc has suffered greatly for this...no more shoes for me lol

I think if you got a real sheepskin pair you'd change your mind. They're the cosiest things ever! :D
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I think if you got a real sheepskin pair you'd change your mind. They're the cosiest things ever! :D

Ive had both and Im just as happy in my £15 high street pair! :confused:
  • mussgo
    mussgo Posts: 139 Forumite
    As a raynauds sufferer I think I will be buying some, Nor for the brand but the quality of these sheepskins. You really cannot beat natural fibres for warmth. The doctors suggested moonboots....these are surely the next step away!

So I shall look around for the best quality and the best price!! :D

I dont pay for branding but at the same time would not by cheap imitations (made by little more than slave labour by all accounts)

M

Ps if I see a tiny ankle boot with a small zip up the side then they are def the ones that my granny wore!
  • yenners
    yenners Posts: 341 Forumite
    mascherano wrote: »
    hahahaha, you're all buying fakes! suckers!

why do you have to be rude?
    Not buying clothes for a year - it's liberating!
  • mug51
    mug51 Posts: 366 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Calm down, seriously.
    Ugg is the generic term for a style of sheepskin boot, with wool as the inner lining and a tanned outer surface. So when boots are advertised as ugg boots they simply are what is in the previous sentence.
    If thats what your after your fine, that is exactly what SNUG Australia are selling, and they aren't fake they are what they are, sheepskin boots as advertised.
    Ugg Australia by Deckers Outdoor Corporation is the brand sought for, made famous by celebs. And costs a bit more.
    If those are the ones you're after i'm afraid that site aint selling them.
    uggmz8.png
    From the image above:
    • Left logo - label on the boots sold by SNUG Australia
    • Right logo - the Ugg Australia brand.
    Please note that we are not affiliated with the American company Deckers Outdoor Corporation and their UGG Australia brand.

Looking at table for custom charges for common internet goods, the closest thing to footwear in that table is clothing so ill just base the charges on that rate. Clothing duty rate is generally 12%, and the VAT rate is as standard 17.5% so you should get a good approximate. Should work out £20 give or take. You can give them a ring to aks them how much it will cost.

Why do i care? Arghhhhh, think its mascherano's ignorance, bet he wishes he had a pair
  • MegsMum_2
    MegsMum_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    I just ordered some genuine Ugg boots (deckers) from http://www.hartings.co.nz/ugg_australia.asp for £89.95 including postage for the classic short. I figure even if I'm hit with customs charges it should still be cheaper than buying them here for £140.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure