MoneySaving Poll: Have you bought clothes just to wear then return?

13»

Comments

• I've never done it but if I needed to - I would. In a heartbeat, folks.

My younger sibling has done it (she needed something to wear to a job interview and had no money to buy it). I know other people do that too - and I see nowt wrong with that. Let alone that the number of times you get robbed by a retailer far exceeds the number of times you rob them, this is merely borrowing - and short of some admin cost it deprives the shop of nothing at all. Hell, they'd rather you did it - whatever gets you in through those doors. If you like it you might buy it. Or you may not be bothered enough to return it. Fair play.

It's quite dismal to see the excessive moral outrage in the comments...probs coming from the same beacons of moral righteousness who stifle their children, throw dirt on their neighbours and growl at people on public transport.

And if the above comes across as mean, I believe it's mean to accuse those whose opinion differ from yours of stealing, moral bankruptcy and what not.
  • If you were to have put this poll say 40 years ago, then there would have been a high proportion of people in the 25 year old group considering it morally wrong. It's that attitudes have changed, not that we become more morally aware with age
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure