Advice regarding Amazon purchase please?

Hi there - searched but couldn't find any similar posts.

Could anyone advise please if I am able to make a claim for a refund with Amazon regarding some garden furniture? The seller's price in Amazon is £299, when I received it there were a few parts that were damaged so I contacted seller for replacements which they sent, when searching on their site for building instructions I discovered that they sell the same seat on their own site for £199! Do I have any chance of a reasonable (successful) claim for a refund on the difference with Amazon? I could request a full refund but with these things the packaging always gets damaged when unpacking so I would struggle to repack as received. Any advice on whether I have a justifiable grievance or if I just have to chalk it up to experience?

Thanks for any advice

Kind regards

B

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    badbertha wrote: »
    Hi there - searched but couldn't find any similar posts.

Could anyone advise please if I am able to make a claim for a refund with Amazon regarding some garden furniture? The seller's price in Amazon is £299, when I received it there were a few parts that were damaged so I contacted seller for replacements which they sent, when searching on their site for building instructions I discovered that they sell the same seat on their own site for £199! Do I have any chance of a reasonable (successful) claim for a refund on the difference with Amazon? I could request a full refund but with these things the packaging always gets damaged when unpacking so I would struggle to repack as received. Any advice on whether I have a justifiable grievance or if I just have to chalk it up to experience?

Thanks for any advice

Kind regards

B
    Effectively, the seller has decided to sell the thing at two different prices in two different 'shops'.
    The price he is selling at on Amazon has been decided by the seller, not Amazon.
    Your only hope is to negotiate with the seller.

Even if it were Amazon selling at a different price, you have no right to insist that they sell it at the same price as another seller.

You must put this down to experience and do any research before making a purchase in future.

Sorry.
  • Thanks for the reply - I will contact the seller as I may be entitled to return and the seller may prefer to offer a discount rather than have to uplift and refund. I'll update if I get anywhere - thanks again appreciated

B
  • Why do you think the seller would have to uplift it rather than you having to pay to return it?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    badbertha wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply - I will contact the seller as I may be entitled to return and the seller may prefer to offer a discount rather than have to uplift and refund. I'll update if I get anywhere - thanks again appreciated

B

Blackmailing a seller is really not a good idea, if you don't want an item and you are still within the time period to return it then send it back yourself at your own cost.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure