PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Daily Saturday 29th August

Options
2»

Comments

• meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 August 2015 at 6:32PM
    Options
    Evening all,

Up earlier than usual as had to pick friend and her daughter up at airport....she was home in Osaka for 3 weeks as her father isnot well.....they both seem to have been eating very well...not the most lively pair, walking is too strenous for them! Still, they had a good holiday and father seems to be responding well to treatment so things arebetter than expected.

Fine here this morning, but heavy rain with thunder and lightning around lunchtime, sun is out again now, grass might dry enough for me to get some apples before the wasps get to them....will make apple cheese, jelly and dry what I cant dispose of to friends and relatives......would like to get some crabs to make into jelly as they taste so different, DS3 has put in an order for apple and blackberry jam but blackberries are few and far between this year, might get some next month but nothing like last year when I couldnt walk round the fields!

DS 2 is on a 300plus mile cycle over 3 days for charity..today is day 2 so hope that the rain hasnt been too bad wherever he is onhis journey......and that his rear end is holding up!

A friend who has given up crochet gave me a bin bag full of various wools last week and today OHs niece brought in a huge bag of mostly mohair and Shetland wool that she had bought in a charity shop for €15......she kept some black to knit a jacket for herself and would only take€10 from me for the rest, so wool room is starting to spill over onto thelanding, but where wool is concerned I just cant say no.......some kondoing needed I think!

Csarina...have you heard anything about repeat pacemaker? you really dont take care of yourself.

TA......sympathy to your DD and family on the loss of their cat, seems much worse when you are not there at the end.

LW....snap on the need for new specs...as mine cost the guts of €500 I am stretching it out as far as possible but really will ha ve to do something soon. OH needs new hearing aids, which will do away with another €2k.....has anyone any experience of hearing aids S###s##ers, they seem much less expensive than otherproviders?

Dumpling.....lovely family you have, taking up slack when you are not up to things.

Hester....you are such a busy lady and sucha good grandmother.

Gers....enjoy your new windows, you will certainly feel the difference.

Enjoy your bank holiday weekend, none here until October now.

Marie
    l
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

a busy day shopping with a grumpy man today. I even got dragged round Towsure which made me grumpy. Ive been there done that with the caravan, am in no rush to repeat the experience because hubby has set his heart on a folding camper as well.

A quiet evening in front of my pc tonight i think for me. I think hubby has his evening viewing all lined up.

Have a good evening all.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have been looking after dd's cat since yesterday and she has not eaten what was put out this morning so emptied and cleaned dish , replaced with new wet and dry food and water but can't see where she is as think she may be in hiding.

Hoping if I give her some time and space she will saunter downstairs eventually.

Made beef with onions, carrots and mashed potato for tonight but don't know if dds will be hungry when they finally get home.

Older and husband will be moving tomorrow so will have something home cooked for tomorrow night.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Marie, it is far too late for any alterations to the pacemaker, the wires are embeded So I have no idea what might be on the cards. Have a further appointment in September.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure