Section 75 timeshare sales refund help?

Options
Hi just wondering the best way to claim under section 75 on mis-sold Timeshare in Tenerife. The purchase was sent up as a club credit card with Clydesdale bank/Barclays Partner Finance the limit of £25000 used to pay Resort Properties. I was in a bad place at the time and told it was an investment which I would use for 2 years and then they would be put on resale. Ok I believed this Luxury apartment and then conned again after the 2 years had past told the share could not sell yet and would be another year or 2 before this could happen, but I would get much better return if I upgraded it into a Platinum membership gaining access to Sunseekers yacht for week as alternative. (This is too difficult as you still need to pay captain £250 a day on top). Stupid me signed again another 1 year BNPL credit card which I was told I would be in a position to pay both in full before it was due to be paid. another 2 years later stuck with large debts and now have it up for re-sale. The Platinum Cub Paridiso was taken over by SilverPoint whokeep telling me it will sell - fat chance I think.

Help I am now unemployed in serious debt trying my hardest to keep up maintenance fees by renting out each year. I heard adverts on tv and radio saying I CAN claim section 75. I can't remember if I paid one deposit on old MBNA credit card but know one deposit was paid with Nationwide Flexaccount debit visa. The Timeshares were put on newly created Credit card (I never saw card and it was converted into a loan at later date) by the Resort Properties and Clydesdale / Barclays Partner Finance

(THEY MUST HAVE KNOWN SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH THIS BUT NEVER QUESTIONED MY ABILITY TO PAY BACK. I have loads of paperwork and statements showing interest and charges, I need to get these debts wiped off before I go bankrupt. I feel the whole thing was some form of money laundering and I was targeted as I was suffering from depression after my divorce. I DIDNT EVEN MEET THE CRITERIA AS I WAS SINGLE. Any help appreciated.... Has anyone claimed on the section 75 rule and won??

JUST LOOKING FOR A LOOPHOLE OR GENUINE CLAIM HELP TO SORT IT OUT

Comments

• HMR
    HMR Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hello
    Just read your now 'old' post about time share 'lock in'! I am in a similar position with Diamond Resorts holiday points. I want to get out of the contract & have seen many advertisements/emails from companies purporting to be able to do this under the new Spanish rules. However, who do you trust & how do you go about it - the maintainence fees have increased this year by 12.%, outrageous! Does anyone have any good advice to offer please?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Speak to a solicitor.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • AndysDad
    AndysDad Posts: 694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi HMR,
    We are also members of Diamond Resorts (Now Apollo) and as far as I'm aware there are several ways you can relinquish your points.
    1) If you are 75+
    2) have a serious illness
    3) have serious debt problems possibly thinking of Bankruptcy.
    4) Pay 2 years maintenance fees in advance.

The other way is to transfer your points to someone else (normally have to give them away) and either pay the legal tranfer fee of £300
    or come to some arrangement with the new owner to pay the tranfer fee.
    Hope this helps.
  • blondeangel
    Options
    I'm with Silverpoint and they are no help. They have now taken off all timeshare resales including Club Paradiso so called investment as it will be handled by a new company. I think there is a time limit on 37 but I feel they have not honored their part of the investment deal. :eek:
  • ukkit
    ukkit Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recently (2018) found a Sunterra Timeshare Certificate for points worth 2 weeks at Cala Blanca Club, issued in 2006 in the name of my father in law. He died in 2010. What will have happened to his timeshare? Can I sell/trade/claim the points? Will I be chased for backdated fees if I try to claim? Who would I contact now? Thanks in advance.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ukkit wrote: »
    I recently (2018) found a Sunterra Timeshare Certificate for points worth 2 weeks at Cala Blanca Club, issued in 2006 in the name of my father in law. He died in 2010. What will have happened to his timeshare? Can I sell/trade/claim the points? Will I be chased for backdated fees if I try to claim? Who would I contact now? Thanks in advance.
    Christ DONT!!

The points are worthless. Be thankful that death ends the deal.

The fees are astronomical.

- Former employee
  • Bissime
    Bissime Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Did you get your money back in the end, I know this is an old post but the law has changed now and everyone is getting all their investment back
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bissime wrote: »
    Did you get your money back in the end, I know this is an old post but the law has changed now and everyone is getting all their investment back
    Bissime wrote: »
    I am trying to put together a group of investors that lost money with Ethical Forestry and would like to hear from anyone wishing to get their money back.

Either you're incredibly unlucky, or you're touting for business.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure