JSA ,mortgage help & PPI

Options
Hi,
Just joined and this is my 1st question. Basically, just been made redundant and started claiming Contrib JSA, runs out Jan '16. I have payment protection which starts paying out after 60days (90 days til recieve 1st payment) , therefore will only benefit 3 mths before JSA stops as this will be taken as income. I also have to complete MI12 form for help with mortgage interest payments and they are asking about PPI and whether it will pay mortgage. I am now suspecting they wont help towards mortgage because of this, even though the insurance payout will be £300 less per month than my outgoings inc mortgage but not including food. Personally I think the more you help yourself in case these things happen, the more you are penalized. Any feedback form anyone would be a great help.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    they won't be interested in any outgoings like food etc
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Help towards mortgage is interest only at basic rate so you might find that insurance will still pay more than that amount and basic JSA anyway. If not you didn't take the right insurance. Also remember that the intention is to make mortgage help a loan soon.
  • sukavi2011
    Options
    Thanks FBaby. I dont mind and dont expect them to pay all the mortgage,just the interest part(anything is a help) but because I have the insurance I fear they wont pay anything, therefore 2/3 of ins will be paid to mortgage and the other 1/3 for remainder of bills, which combined is actually more than my mortgage. I have now not had no wage come in since end of June and as Im a single person of 50yrs, I am not entitled to anything else. I am still awaiting government redundancy (was with the company 9 yrs plus), unpaid wages, etc, but this could take a while. No doubt will get penalized for getting that too. Am working my butt off trying to getting a job, but so far no luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure