🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Credit cards and credit report

Options
Hi all,

Long story short, I met my partner in 2005, he opened up with my knowledge about 8 credit cards in my name as he had poor credit, we had a good income and paid them off. Then we used them again and got into financial difficulty through him not working. I stopped having contact with these credit card companies in 2008.

My issue is that none of these credit cards are showing on my credit report, through Noddle or Check my file, all the correct linked addresses are on my credit file but my credit score although I know it doesn't mean anything is very poor.

What do I do?

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your credit report only covers the past 6 years. If there were outstanding amounts they would probably have defaulted them in 2008 - 09 so they would have disappeared by now. Your poor score could be because of lack of current credit.
  • sazzlelou
    sazzlelou Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    thank you, I'm certain I had ppi on them but don't really want to contact them incase they make me pay it all back. Just wondered why my credit score is so low and why I have trouble accessing credit.

On my Noddle report which I am disputing atm, they have mixed me up with another lady of the same name and date of birth, who lived at the same address after me but all the accounts she has are in a county I have never lived in, these don't show up on my check my file report and she has a defaulted loan of over 5K

One big mess
  • cornish123
    Options
    sazzlelou wrote: »
    thank you, I'm certain I had ppi on them but don't really want to contact them incase they make me pay it all back. Just wondered why my credit score is so low and why I have trouble accessing credit.

On my Noddle report which I am disputing atm, they have mixed me up with another lady of the same name and date of birth, who lived at the same address after me but all the accounts she has are in a county I have never lived in, these don't show up on my check my file report and she has a defaulted loan of over 5K

One big mess

yeah, pull the other one.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    why I have trouble accessing credit.

The lenders you defaulted on won't have forgotten you. Your name will still be on their files.
  • alchemist.1
    Options
    cornish123 wrote: »

Haha , that would be a mighty coincidence.
  • sazzlelou
    Options
    cornish123 wrote: »

If that was meant to mean that I was lying... why would I?? The lady in question, used a double barreled name on some of the applications and her husband was a financial connection on my report which has now been removed. If they thought I was lying why would they have removed some of the info that I have disputed??
  • sazzlelou
    Options
    Whatever.. I only came on here to ask a question, not to be made out to be a liar. This has wrecked my credit score
  • cornish123
    cornish123 Posts: 93 Forumite
    edited 27 August 2015 at 11:31PM
    Options
    If that was meant to mean that I was lying... why would I?? The lady in question, used a double barreled name on some of the applications and her husband was a financial connection on my report which has now been removed. If they thought I was lying why would they have removed some of the info that I have disputed??

I'm not being mean by suggesting you're lying, its just a little bit out there.

But if it is true, might I suggest you inform the police / action fraud and the like, as its likely to be ID fraud, instead of someone with the same name and DOB moving in to the house you used to live in, if the police investigate and they should, and find that it is ID fraud, it will also lead to your credit file being cleaned up eventually.
  • cornish123
    Options
    Haha , that would be a mighty coincidence.

the odds of that actually happening are so remote its not even a route I would go down, or even give a second thought.

A more realistic scenario is that someone has committed ID fraud after letters and the like have been delivered after the op moved out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport