Get Ready For The Cuts

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
15 replies 3K views
warmhands.coldheartwarmhands.coldheart Forumite
3.8K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
So.. I give it about 2 weeks.... Big Party will join little party and leave the hill. The whole thing will fall apart. Mummy/Daddy will have to step in and run the house. First thing will be the massive financial cuts that the kids couldn't agree on. £20,000 Benefits cap, Water Charges, Public Sector redundancies. Maybe a few privatisations......

Hold on tight folks, this ride is about to get rough!!!

Replies

• qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good point. You may be right.

I'd say the benefit caps are coming no matter what. I was a little surprised to learn today how many households are receiving over £26,000. Does anyone know how bad your situation has to be to receive that much? Would you be blind, missing limbs, have several handicapped children? All of those?

The new rules on child benefit suggest that only higher earning people will have more than two children. I wonder what would happen if you were a well off couple with five kids, wife at home, if dad dies? We may be about to find we live in a less generous world.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • Old_GitOld_Git Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I calculated that my ex tenant was receiving at least £20,000 in benefits including (housing benefit). She was claiming to be a single parent with 3 children.
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • eastladyeastlady Forumite
    214 Posts
    Am sure you didn't know the lies your tenant was telling HE whilst claiming benefits.:wink::wink:
  • edited 2 September 2015 at 11:05AM
    wacko911wacko911 Forumite
    677 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 2 September 2015 at 11:05AM
    SMALL RANT WARNING

Totally agree with OP, I'm so not into the whole ni political thing, but this whole SF/IRA smokescreen is a blessing for the main parties. They spit thier dummy out over the smoke screen, mum & daddy have to step in and make all the cuts, then the smoke screen will clear, everyone shakes hands and "OMG, them (text removed by MSE Forum Team) made on them cuts!!!!.... we would never have done that... blah blah blah...vote for me.
  • edited 2 September 2015 at 11:05AM
    warmhands.coldheartwarmhands.coldheart Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    edited 2 September 2015 at 11:05AM
    EXACTLY !!!

It's all a Conservative Government conspiracy with the UUP......... It's the quickest way of getting all the cuts through while all the parties here "save face" ....
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    EXACTLY !!!

It's all a Conservative Government conspiracy with the UUP......... It's the quickest way of getting all the cuts through while all the parties here "save face" ....

Yeah... David Cameron murdered Kevin mcguigan. Convenient.
  • saverbuyersaverbuyer Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    It's a UUP attempt to attack the DUP. Nothing more. I don't think it's some roundabout way of implementing the cuts. I think it's the UUP trying to force the DUP's hand.
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's one of the great political frauds being pulled on the public these days. Sinn Fein have been implementing cuts here, while presenting themselves as some kind of anti austerity Syriza equivalent to the southern voters. The latest welfare cuts were just a bit too much to allow them to keep up the pretence. No one living anywhere close to here, particularly the important Donegal constituencies, could have been fooled after that.
  • When will the penny drop with the people here in that the Westminster Government have totally no interest in Northern Ireland. If they could get out of here tomorrow they would. As we speak hundreds of HM Government jobs are being transferred out of Northern Ireland to GB and even services such as 999 calls are now being dealt with from mainland UK. I think it is only a matter of time before they think that just call it a day and say on you go yourselves.
  • Old_GitOld_Git Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will the penny drop with the people here in that the Westminster Government have totally no interest in Northern Ireland. If they could get out of here tomorrow they would. As we speak hundreds of HM Government jobs are being transferred out of Northern Ireland to GB and even services such as 999 calls are now being dealt with from mainland UK. I think it is only a matter of time before they think that just call it a day and say on you go yourselves.
    Ah yes the British government dont want us ,the Irish government dont want and cant afford us . So what is the solution we cant afford to go independent .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals