MSE News: There's never been a better time to switch bank - the 10 need-to-knows

You can get free £240, 5% interest or free travel insurance just by switching bank account...
Read the full story:

There's never been a better time to switch bank - the 10 need-to-knows

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    15.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you can get 5% without even needing to switch!
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • CaddymanCaddyman Forumite
    342 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I switched to M&S bank from a near dormant rarely used basic bank account which I only ever used to have expenses paid into. A month before the switch, I switched my TV direct debit (did that online, really easy) to the near dormant account to make it look like I was using it and then went for the switch. It was an easy £100 voucher from M&S, but to be fair, I now use the M&S account properly alongside another account I have.

What I would say is, the account switch process was completely hassle free, turned around in just seven working days. Very happy with the M&S account.
  • RaimondsRaimonds Forumite
    240 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Hi all, who done the current account switch!

One thing about pay-in's puzzles me: does the initial money transferred by bank on switch day and, also, does the redirected pay-in (for ex. wages) count towards required minimum deposit from external sources (for interest and/or bonuses)? Especially, for the first month (anniversary date).

I've just switched my current account from RBS Select to Clydesdale Direct.

Was Googling around for answers, but nothing to reassure me.

Thanks in advance for any help and advise!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals