NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Sims 4 looks blurry

My nephew has brought his Sims 4 to run on my PC. It's an old pc but it coped with a win 7 upgrade. I've installed Sims but it reminds me of what the screen looks like when you run your PC in safe mode. I went into the settings and for some reason the resolution was something like 1084 x 724. My screen is 1920 x 1080. I've changed the resolution and it looks sharper but the writing it quite small. Is it ok to change the resolution? I don't play games so I have no idea about what things should be running at or if it will be detrimental to my PC if it's running at the wrong settings? Thanks

Replies

• You should run games in its native resolution depending on your monitor so it its 1920x1080 you should run it at that. It may run slow if its an old pc you could always lower the detail on the game in settings
  • CycrowCycrow Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    You can run it at a lower resolution if you prefer, it wont cause any problems with the pc. And the game will run faster at lower resolutions, as the gpu has less to do.

however, if you dont run it at native, then it may not look as good
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum