We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Parking Eye Parking Charge
sfs1012
Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi all,
I am new here and have read through the "Newbies" thread. I got fined by Parking Eye at Aloft London Excel Hotel. As I understand it, I expect to get rejected by Parking Eye and then get a POPLA code for the real appeal? I have included points that was suggested for the POPLA appeal. I plan to write this to Parking Eye:
"I am writing an appeal for the case with the above Ref Number.
Since you are a private car park company, may I ask for a proof of authorization from the landowner to issue tickets on their land?
There were no barrier gates equipped at the entrance of the car park to differentiate the private land. More importantly, my primary reason to enter the car park was to pick up a customer at your hotel. Despite entering the car park for 14 minutes, I was not parking; I was inside the car waiting for your customer throughout the whole period. There was nowhere else near the hotel entrance to load and pick up customers as the entire area is marked with a double yellow line.
I believe the fine is a punitive charge as I cannot calculate how someone loading in the car park for only 14 minutes can lead to a £100 loss for the company. It also doesn’t make sense that every type of contravention causes the same amount of £100 loss.
For all these reasons, I would like the parking charge to be cancelled."
Is this ok or should I avoid mentioning that I was the driver?
Cheers.
I am new here and have read through the "Newbies" thread. I got fined by Parking Eye at Aloft London Excel Hotel. As I understand it, I expect to get rejected by Parking Eye and then get a POPLA code for the real appeal? I have included points that was suggested for the POPLA appeal. I plan to write this to Parking Eye:
"I am writing an appeal for the case with the above Ref Number.
Since you are a private car park company, may I ask for a proof of authorization from the landowner to issue tickets on their land?
There were no barrier gates equipped at the entrance of the car park to differentiate the private land. More importantly, my primary reason to enter the car park was to pick up a customer at your hotel. Despite entering the car park for 14 minutes, I was not parking; I was inside the car waiting for your customer throughout the whole period. There was nowhere else near the hotel entrance to load and pick up customers as the entire area is marked with a double yellow line.
I believe the fine is a punitive charge as I cannot calculate how someone loading in the car park for only 14 minutes can lead to a £100 loss for the company. It also doesn’t make sense that every type of contravention causes the same amount of £100 loss.
For all these reasons, I would like the parking charge to be cancelled."
Is this ok or should I avoid mentioning that I was the driver?
Cheers.
0
Comments
-
It is not a fine, it is a speculative invoice.
You will lose that appeal as you have admitted that you were driving.
You have also admitted that you were parked. It matters not that you were in the car.
Why not use the tried and trusted appeal template in the NEWBIES thread written by a parking expert? It works so it is not always necessary to re-invent the wheel.I married my cousin. I had to...I don't have a sister.
All my screwdrivers are cordless."You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks0 -
Thanks for your advice.
So if they knew I was the driver, I wouldn't get the POPLA code to appeal?
I will stick to the NEWBIES template then.0 -
Thanks for your advice.
So if they knew I was the driver, I wouldn't get the POPLA code to appeal?
I will stick to the NEWBIES template then.
If they know who is driving it makes it harder to win as you automatically lose one of the main appeal points.
Parking lie, like most PPCs, will probably reject your first appeal but they must provide a PoPLA code. The PoPLA appeal is where you will beat this scam so send the initial appeal as per the template and don't worry if it gets rejected.
This assumes the registered keeper lives in England or Wales.
Never ever 'phone a parking company.I married my cousin. I had to...I don't have a sister.
All my screwdrivers are cordless."You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
