We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Incorrect POPLA verification code
Spoons18
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi
This is my first post.
I have followed the advice on your forums and used the templates provided for my PCN.
My appeal was upheld by the parking company Business Watch Guarding and they issued the POPLA appeal form, including verification code.
I have sent my appeal to POPLA and I have received a letter today stating they are unable to process my appeal because the verification code I have been provided, already belongs to another person's appeal. Please contact the Operator who issued you this verification code and explain this and ask for a new one.
Not only that but in the envelope was another letter to a company, located in London, stating they can't locate an appeal for them. This is obviously a mistake and I now have a company's details and an invoice addressed to them.
I feel that this is very unprofessional by both Business Watch Guarding (for issuing incorrect verification code) and POPLA (for sending me someone elses details.
Once I have a new code I will need to appeal again, sending all previous correspondence.
It has been stressful enough getting the PCN in the first place and waiting for a decision on my appeal, without this.
I would really appreciate some advice. Should I complain?
This is my first post.
I have followed the advice on your forums and used the templates provided for my PCN.
My appeal was upheld by the parking company Business Watch Guarding and they issued the POPLA appeal form, including verification code.
I have sent my appeal to POPLA and I have received a letter today stating they are unable to process my appeal because the verification code I have been provided, already belongs to another person's appeal. Please contact the Operator who issued you this verification code and explain this and ask for a new one.
Not only that but in the envelope was another letter to a company, located in London, stating they can't locate an appeal for them. This is obviously a mistake and I now have a company's details and an invoice addressed to them.
I feel that this is very unprofessional by both Business Watch Guarding (for issuing incorrect verification code) and POPLA (for sending me someone elses details.
Once I have a new code I will need to appeal again, sending all previous correspondence.
It has been stressful enough getting the PCN in the first place and waiting for a decision on my appeal, without this.
I would really appreciate some advice. Should I complain?
0
Comments
-
Complain to the BPA and DVLA. Copy all correspondence to them.
Information on complaining, including email addresses of both above contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4, near the top of the forum thread index, one page back from this one.Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.#Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
