We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
UKPC Parking Charge
HGWP1995
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi,
I received a Parking Charge of £100 back in March this year from UKPC. I am not the registered keeper (one of my parents is) and have been away at University. On returning home I was shown the letters by my parents with the last one offering a reduced charge and if I do not pay this they will 'recommend that they appoint a solicitor to commence court proceedings.' This letter is from Debt Recovery Plus. On coming home I have missed the 'final offer' to pay the reduced amount. Just wondered what to do!??
I received a Parking Charge of £100 back in March this year from UKPC. I am not the registered keeper (one of my parents is) and have been away at University. On returning home I was shown the letters by my parents with the last one offering a reduced charge and if I do not pay this they will 'recommend that they appoint a solicitor to commence court proceedings.' This letter is from Debt Recovery Plus. On coming home I have missed the 'final offer' to pay the reduced amount. Just wondered what to do!??
0
Comments
-
You have missed the boat to stop this in its tracks unfortunately, now you are in ignore mode.
If you read the newbies thread it will explain everything you want to know, but Debt Recovery Plus are just a bunch of lying scumbags!0 -
AFAIAA, UKPC have never taken anyone to court. They have however been taken to court by others on at least two occasions, probably more when they were clampers.
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377246-UKPC-liable-for-trespass-**SUCCESS**You never know how far you can go until you go too far.0 -
read the NEWBIES sticky thread, especially post #4 , then ignore the debt collectors0
-
AFAIAA, UKPC have never taken anyone to court.
Not the case. While hardly prolific the below FOI request show that they issued 34 claims in 2014. Given the Beavis CoA result it wouldn't surprise me if they have chanced their arm on a few more in 2015 so far.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/255014/response/627902/attach/html/2/AFINALShipp%2096114.xls.html0 -
Does this include the ones they backed out of in Scotland?Not the case. While hardly prolific the below FOI request show that they issued 34 claims in 2014. Given the Beavis CoA result it wouldn't surprise me if they have chanced their arm on a few more in 2015 so far.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/255014/response/627902/attach/html/2/AFINALShipp%2096114.xls.html0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards