We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

CMS Parking Robin Park

Hi all

I have read the newbies thread but I just wanted to make sure I have a case here. I work at The Red Robin as a chef and turned up for work at 12 today, with wigan playing at home the pub car park was full with match goers so I do what I usually do and parked down the side of the pub near our delivery gate and the entrance to the DGMs apartment, where there is a little road which leads to literally nothing but said gate and door. I finished work at 10:30pm and noticed there was a parking notice charge on my windscreen. I've parked there loads of times but obviously now I've got a ticket I've looked around and seen for the first time there is a sign on the fence at the end of this road which separates the pub from the canal that says "Private property. No parking at any time."
I'm not sure who the private property refers to but I can only assume it's either for the Robin park car park which is on the other side of this little road or its there for our pubs sake to stop people blocking deliveries.

The GM and DGM are newish here but they don't seem to know anything about it so it could be from the previous GM who used to park his car there all the time.

Obviously I'm confused because the sign actually says no parking at any time (even though deliveries park there 4 times a week). What should I do? Just wait and send the template? Thanks.

Comments

  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 August 2015 at 8:29AM
    case or no case is irrelevant unless it goes to court as this is the IPC and IAS we are talking about, who cannot even spell OPERATOR correctly ( http://www.theipc.info/accredited-operator-scheme see right hand side below the roundel logo, in the orange box)

    just follow the NEWBIES sticky thread and send the template

    what you do after that is down to which ATA they are in so I hope you checked this ?

    ideally you try for a landowner cancellation if you can find out who it is or who contracted CMS, otherwise it could be 6 years of hassle
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 837 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    Whatever you do dont pay these jokers, unless you have to much cash and dont mind filling their grubby bank account up a they hope you to
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Signage! Any warning of charges payable? Check BPA/I Web pages for their signage requirements. You then appeal on that one point if they fail significantly as there can be no agreement or contract if the terms are not displayed.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Images ....

    approach road

    100_2330.jpg


    and the actual sign

    100_2329.jpg



    Ralph:cool:
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    What a great bit of drafting - NOT!

    1. In parking here you agree to the following rules set out below "NO PARKING AT ANY TIME" ????????? !!!!!!?

    2. By not doing so, you agree to being possibly issued with a charging notice.

    I don't see a problem here - they can send you a notice any time they like - they don't say anything about an obligation to pay it or that you are liable for any costs. Never mind the double negative!

    Can see no sign on entry - where is it in relation to the pictures?

    Look at their web site http://www.comprehensivemanagementservices.co.uk/ It seems that they offer a signage and patrol service but nothing more

    "
    CMS manufacture, erect and maintain all onsite signage. We ensure all signage is within accordance with the BPA & IPC guidelines and in accordance with all current health and safety legislation.

    CMS use a wide range of materials for our signage such as Correx, Aluminium and Aluminium Composite. All of the materials used have proven to be robust and long lasting, maintaining a clear and visible message through the year.

    CMS are able to provide bespoke signage where required i.e. entrances or where aesthetic presentation needs to be maintained. We will supply and erect any poles required to meet individual needs."
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    no sign on entry .... only on the fence next to the red waste bins .......

    I do not know if the OP will come back to see this .... I hope so ...

    Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.