We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Parking Ticket - Same Camera
Ed_Zep
Posts: 340 Forumite
Hi,
I've had a clear licence for 12 years but recently got a speeding ticket/NIP (38 in a 30). I sent it back having ticked the option to go on the speed awareness course.
4 days later, I got another ticket.
I had to recently renew my licence and get the new address put on it so my post is redirected and there's obviously several days between when something is sent and received.
Yes, I'm an idiot for going over 30mph but I'm not a reckless driver. Now, I'm concerned that in the time I didn't know about these, I've been driving down that road slightly over the limit.
If I'd got the first ticket naturally I would have taken extra care or found a different route (and slowed down).
I know it's hard to defend going over the limit but most of us have. I'm just what chance there will be of leniency or what can I do?
Thanks.
I've had a clear licence for 12 years but recently got a speeding ticket/NIP (38 in a 30). I sent it back having ticked the option to go on the speed awareness course.
4 days later, I got another ticket.
I had to recently renew my licence and get the new address put on it so my post is redirected and there's obviously several days between when something is sent and received.
Yes, I'm an idiot for going over 30mph but I'm not a reckless driver. Now, I'm concerned that in the time I didn't know about these, I've been driving down that road slightly over the limit.
If I'd got the first ticket naturally I would have taken extra care or found a different route (and slowed down).
I know it's hard to defend going over the limit but most of us have. I'm just what chance there will be of leniency or what can I do?
Thanks.
0
Comments
-
Here isn't the best place for such questions. You'd be better served over at Pepipoo.
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=50
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards