ESA Support Group

Options
Hi been on ESA since May and got a letter at start of the month saying ive ive been put in the support group (no medical} so i phoned and asked if i needed to still hand in sick lines, they said im covered till end of december and will reacess it, do they just renew it or will there likely be a medical. I though once your in support group that was that. Any helpers?

Comments

• merlin68
    merlin68 Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    Options
    I got put in support group with no medical in July running till DEC 2016.
    I think they give you a set time frame from 3 months to 3 years.
    But you will need reassesing at some point.
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    They'll send you an ESA50 form to complete around December, and based on that will either renew or send you to an assessment before deciding whether to renew. No one stays in the Support Group indefinitely without review.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The date they've given you is a recommendation. It's possible that you may not be assessed in December.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • dufc_2
    dufc_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Indie_Kid wrote: »
    The date they've given you is a recommendation. It's possible that you may not be assessed in December.

Yeah they said 25th december. What does the recommendation mean?
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dufc wrote: »
    Yeah they said 25th december. What does the recommendation mean?

They may assess you then, they may not. There are backlogs; so you may be assessed later.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • sandra1980123
    Options
    I am in support group my review was due march this year but i got an extra 2 years because of the backlogs,there are still big backlogs so you should be lucky and get some extra time.:)
  • dufc_2
    dufc_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    So most likely a later date, the woman on phone said obv won't get assesed on 25h December anyway. I'll phone up about October see what the situation is. Thanks guys
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    I was assessed for ESA in November 2011. It was recommended I be reviewed after 18mths. Have heard nothing since <touch wood>
  • nyg123
    nyg123 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Yes at some point you'll be assessed as everyone says. I'm dreading mine, although to be fair after several really horrible ones the last one was ok. I was told I would be reassessed after 2 years so I've 6 months to go. And I worse which isn't surprising as one of my health conditions is chronic and progressive!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure