We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
UKCPS - Company Car
Jacko99
Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi all,
I have read through the NEWBIES stick thread as suggested on many other posts within the forums. However, I am still unsure of the exact process to take against UKCPS as I received a PCN on the windscreen of my company car.
I know the asterisk section states that you should appeal ASAP as the "driver", but do I have to give all my personal information within this appeal? Furthermore I can't actually find UKCPS as a registered AOS member on the British Parking website (which means they cant get the keepers details anyway?):
I have started by writing a strong compliant to the landowner (Total Fitness) expressing my utter disbelief that they would condone issuing PCN's to paying customers to see if they can assist with cancelling this charge.
A brief background, my PCN was issued for parking at Total Fitness "outside of marked bays", a Notice of Charge which is not even stipulated on the signage around the gym.
Any advise on the next steps with UKCPS would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I have read through the NEWBIES stick thread as suggested on many other posts within the forums. However, I am still unsure of the exact process to take against UKCPS as I received a PCN on the windscreen of my company car.
I know the asterisk section states that you should appeal ASAP as the "driver", but do I have to give all my personal information within this appeal? Furthermore I can't actually find UKCPS as a registered AOS member on the British Parking website (which means they cant get the keepers details anyway?):
I have started by writing a strong compliant to the landowner (Total Fitness) expressing my utter disbelief that they would condone issuing PCN's to paying customers to see if they can assist with cancelling this charge.
A brief background, my PCN was issued for parking at Total Fitness "outside of marked bays", a Notice of Charge which is not even stipulated on the signage around the gym.
Any advise on the next steps with UKCPS would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
The reason company car drivers are advised to out themselves (full details) is to stop correspondence with the RK resulting in them simply paying out and then deducting the charge from wages.0
-
The company I work for is only small so I could easily stop them paying any charges that came through from UKCPS. In this instance is it still wise to out myself or could I just appeal as the keeper (as if my company has written the appeal?) - Thanks for the quick response0
-
all very well appealing as the company , BUT is this goes pear shaped at appeal time , and they pursue it to the court system, then it could get costly , as they could nominate the court , not you0
-
UKCPS are not BPA AOS members, but still can obtain keeper details via the DVLA as they are members of the IPC AOS.
Your company can await the NtK, then notify UKCPS that you are the 'keeper' of the vehicle (as opposed to the 'registered keeper') and they can then pursue you.
UKCPS are mildly litigious, so if it did come to court papers then Freddy's advice about court location comes into play and one reason why you should try to handle this.
But don't get over-optimistic about the prospect of success at either PPC or IAS stages. More than 80% of motorists fail due to the skewed partiality of the IAS towards the PPC. The landowner is your best bet to get this cancelled.
If all avenues fail, then it's time to ignore and hope to ride out any storm - they have six years to pursue this.Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.#Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street0 -
As this is UKCPS it will probably be a contractual charge on which v.a.t. is payable. Have they accounted for vat on their paper work? If not it becomes a breach of contract and GPEOL applies More reading here
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5087925=
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5033796=
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5195437
If you suspect tax evasion go here
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/reporting-tax-evasionYou never know how far you can go until you go too far.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
