We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
CMS rejecting appeal following NTK
GRM
Posts: 645
Forumite
Hi,
Received a NTK from CMS dated 17 July regarding a windscreen ticket dated 17 April. The letter was the first I knew about the ticket.
Followed the newbie sticky advice and sent a template appeal as the registered keeper.
Received a photocopied reply from CMS stating that I'd missed the 21 day window to appeal, nothing else mentioned.
Just want to check that I should now go into ignore mode, or is there a preferred approach?
TIA.
Received a NTK from CMS dated 17 July regarding a windscreen ticket dated 17 April. The letter was the first I knew about the ticket.
Followed the newbie sticky advice and sent a template appeal as the registered keeper.
Received a photocopied reply from CMS stating that I'd missed the 21 day window to appeal, nothing else mentioned.
Just want to check that I should now go into ignore mode, or is there a preferred approach?
TIA.
0
Comments
-
In your appeal did you mention who was driving? No need to tell us who was, just did you give this away in the appeal?
They are out of time themselves in serving the paperwork in order to hold the registered keeper liable, so unless they know who was driving then they're stuffed.Je Suis Cecil.0 -
No I didn't. What is the time limit to hold the keeper liable?0
-
For a windscreen ticket, the notice to keeper must be received between 28 and 56 days after the incident. Its about 90 - odd days by my reckoning.
I would write back stating that as they have failed to serve any notification to the keeper of the vehicle within the timeframes laid down in schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act, they can no longer hold the Keeper liable for the charge, and tell them to take it up with the driver, who you are under no legal obligation to name.Je Suis Cecil.0 -
Have a look at this, the I.A.S. does not measure up.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/542/pdfs/uksi_20150542_en.pdfYou never know how far you can go until you go too far.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards