We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Best frozen french fries?

Can you recommend a brand to buy? Or are they pretty much all the same?
«1

Comments

  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I really like the Lidl "Harvest Basket" Chunky Chips. Slightly more expensive than some of the other varieties they stock , but worth it IMO

    May depend on wether you like your chips cut thin or more chunky
  • RDA
    RDA Posts: 215 Forumite
    Aldi Specially Selected Maris Piper Chunky Oven Chips are super quality. Not the cheapest around, but worth the extra.
  • welshee
    welshee Posts: 365
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    OP asked about french fries !

    The kids like lidl american fries.
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    welshee wrote: »
    OP asked about french fries !
    your point being what ? French Fries ( in the UK at least ) can refer to any form of potato chips
    http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/French_fries
  • williacg
    williacg Posts: 707 Forumite
    My personal favourite are Iceland's Thin & Crispy Coated French Fries - delicious, (oven cook, grill or fry). When I last bought them they were priced at 89p for a 1kg bag, but they are now selling them for £1.00 for a 1.5kg bag.
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    iceland ones or lild ones for me , always goods quality
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • +1 for Lidl French Fries - really good IMHO & at 60p/odd for 1kg they're a bargain. ;)
  • Roxy07
    Roxy07 Posts: 498
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Never liked frozen oven fries, always loved deep fried.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    dlusman wrote: »
    your point being what ? French Fries ( in the UK at least ) can refer to any form of potato chips
    http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/French_fries

    Maybe, but most packets show picture of long, thin chips when you look at them.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Another vote for Iceland's thin and crispy coated fries.


    They are very much like the fries you get in the McBurgerKing type of eateries.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.