We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Ethical parking management online appeal
yoyo09542
Posts: 7 Forumite
Okay, so I'm a newbie but I *swear* I have read and searched every possible thread before posting this so big apologies if it's still a stupid question.
I'm following advice and challenging a cbc from ethical parking management on unreasonableness of costs grounds (£100 for 5 minutes parking). I was using their online appeal form which wants me to agree to their terms and conditions which includes saying I will allow them to start proceedings against me and the address I have provided. Would ticking this box give them any more rights over me than those they already have? Couldn't attach a link as I'm a newbie but it's the standard appeals page on their website.
Also, I have to identify myself as keeper - again, does that remove their need to issue me with a ntk or can I still use that as grounds if they fail to do so properly?
Many thanks in advance.
P.s. I nearly just went ahead and paid this within their 'reduced' time frame just to save the hassle. What tipped me over the edge was their added £2 'administration' charge to the already extortionate ticket. It's funny how sometimes it's the small things that wind you up the most...
I'm following advice and challenging a cbc from ethical parking management on unreasonableness of costs grounds (£100 for 5 minutes parking). I was using their online appeal form which wants me to agree to their terms and conditions which includes saying I will allow them to start proceedings against me and the address I have provided. Would ticking this box give them any more rights over me than those they already have? Couldn't attach a link as I'm a newbie but it's the standard appeals page on their website.
Also, I have to identify myself as keeper - again, does that remove their need to issue me with a ntk or can I still use that as grounds if they fail to do so properly?
Many thanks in advance.
P.s. I nearly just went ahead and paid this within their 'reduced' time frame just to save the hassle. What tipped me over the edge was their added £2 'administration' charge to the already extortionate ticket. It's funny how sometimes it's the small things that wind you up the most...
0
Comments
-
What's a cbc?
I am not familiar with Unethical parking's online form but I wouldn't tick a box that gave away any of my rights. The PPC have no rights over you to start with by the way.
You should be appealing on all the grounds set out in the appeal template in the NEWBIES thread. Nothing more, nothing less. The appeal should be sent around day 21 after receiving a windscreen ticket.
You can post a dead link by changing http to hxxp and someone here will convert it for you.
You can do the same with a (redacted) scan of any docs, upload them to a web hosting site such as tinypic or photobucket, then post the URL but change http as above.I married my cousin. I had to...I don't have a sister.
All my screwdrivers are cordless."You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks0 -
CBC = Contractural Breach Charge normally. At least they're clear in that.
If you don't like the Ts&Cs, then send the appeal by post. Don't forget to get a few certificate of posting at the Post Office when you do.0 -
That sounds like they are denying you the ability to appeal due to unfair terms. It also looks like they are a BPA member, so complain to the BPA.
At the same time, appeal in writing; you don't agree to any of their extra terms there, and cost them a bit more to handle it.
Your first appeal will be rejected, so don't put too much effort in, the main aim is to get a POPLA code where someone who has actual rules to follow will deal with it, and with the correct wording will cancel it for you.
Just don't name the driver, or imply who it was.
Edit: if this was just a window ticket, then wait until you get something in the post.0 -
Thanks, Herzlos. Just a quick clarification though - I thought you should respond within the 28 days to window tickets and not wait for anything to come through the post? Also, I think there are grounds to appeal on unfair signage (2 contradictory signs next to each other and very dodgy yellow lines which look as if they've been wiped out) so can I still do all of that at popla?0
-
hxxp://ethicsgroup.co.uk/appeal/
Dead link as suggested by fruitcake, thanks.0 -
-
A contractual breach attracts v.a.t. Have they properly accounted for it? If not it is a danages claim for a breach, no vat bur has to be a GPEOL.
Some reading.
As this is UKCPS it will probably be a contractual charge on which v.a.t. is payable. Have they accounted for vat on their paper work? If not it becomes a breach of contract and GPEOL applies More reading here
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5087925=
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5033796=
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5195437
If you suspect tax evasion go here
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/reporting-tax-evasionYou never know how far you can go until you go too far.0 -
A breach is a breach and is damages, so GPEOL.
This isn't a contractual charge, so no VAT needed.Je Suis Cecil.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
