Creation Consumer Finance Ltd

Options
climbatize
climbatize Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 11 August 2015 at 11:22PM in Loans
Creation Consumer Finance Ltd (CCF)

Has listed 3 missed payments against my credit report July- September 2014 when I was at the end of repaying a 0% loan for a laptop bought from PC World & I only noticed the missed payments by pure chance after logging onto Experian.

CCF said I had been contacted by post, which is false, I have not received a single letter, email or phone call ever from CCF.

CCF said Barclays bank had instructed them to end payments. Barclays bank have said this did not happen.

I closed the CCF account immediately with additional fees to end their fraudulent claims of blame against me when clearly it's CCF deception.

I have contacted CCF a number of times to ask for a good will adjustment, but CCF refuse to cooperate.
Why can CCF be allowed to ruin a credit score over a few pounds?

My last email to CCF I also sent to BBC Watchdog, which I have not received a reply.

Can Checkmyfile remove this information from my credit score?
If not I want to proceed with legal action against CCF.

Are Creation Consumer Finance Ltd known to the trade as a fraudulent company?
What can anyone recommend for advice?

Comments

• Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No, they're not known as a fraudulent company.

You need to be careful. You've no proof they've been deceptive at all. They could have sent letters that you haven't received.

Didn't you notice that payments weren't being taken?
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP I refer you to my signature.

You really should have noticed the payments not taken but that's in the past.

Should really file a complaint in writing first before small claims but if you want to go to small claims court go ahead.
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    They done a similar thing to me. I switched banks and their system failed to update to my new DD details so they didn't take a payment. I got no email, letter or phone call advising they payment hadn't been taken and they slapped me with a late payment marker. I only noticed the DD hadn't been taken because of this on my Noddle file, I don't check that every DD comes out every month - why would I? There's never usually a problem.

Anyway, I had confirmation from First Direct (new bank) that they had indeed had the new details and that their system had automatically told the bank to cease the DD instruction. Creation disputed this so I asked First Direct to send me a letter of confirmation which I think scanned in and sent with a politely worded complaint to their CEO. Within a week the late payment marker was removed and they credited my finance agreement with 2 months worth of payments for the hassle they caused me.

Moral of the story, if you're adamant you're right, make a formal complaint.
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lee111s wrote: »
    They done a similar thing to me. I switched banks and their system failed to update to my new DD details so they didn't take a payment. I got no email, letter or phone call advising they payment hadn't been taken and they slapped me with a late payment marker. I only noticed the DD hadn't been taken because of this on my Noddle file, I don't check that every DD comes out every month - why would I? There's never usually a problem.
    I'm not having a dig at you personally here, but I've never understood why anyone wouldn't notice a direct debit coming out. Didn't you notice you had (say) £100 extra in your bank account you should't have?
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Gaz83 wrote: »
    I'm not having a dig at you personally here, but I've never understood why anyone wouldn't notice a direct debit coming out. Didn't you notice you had (say) £100 extra in your bank account you should't have?

It was £33 a month for a sofa that I got on interest free.

I have an income of around £2700 a month and my bank balance isn't 0 the day before payday, so no, I didn't notice that there was £33 "extra". Some direct debits are also variable so again, it wouldn't have looked out of the ordinary. All my other DD's had been taken no problem for 2 months since the switch. In fact, a DD was taken by Creation Finance the month after I switched, but the subsequent month after that it had been cancelled by them.

Ultimately it turned out that when their system got notification from my old bank that the account no longer existed, it removed my old DD details from my account, however it also removed the new ones too causing the payment not to be taken.

The complaints advisor confirmed that they made no effort to contact me to advise that the payment hadn't been taken despite having a phone number, email address and home address on file.

I do now however in light of the above check on the 5th of every month to ensure that all DD's have been taken (they're all set for the 1st).
  • adamjones2
    Options
    Believe me it is more than possible that Creation stopped the direct debit payments themselves. This is something that happened to a huge amount of customers due to an error in their system and still happens to this day since they will not update their system. Customers have been defaulted and their accounts sent to 3rd parties due to this. Their complaints department is months in backlog. This is not a well managed credit agency.
    The Senior manager is Karen Walsh. Do not just give in. Contact her and explain what happened. Provide proof from your bank that they did not cancel the DD and that you had the funds available in your account. Then demand a reversal of all charges and a correction to your credit report. Trust me, you are one of hundreds of customers who this has happened to and the managers and staff will lie to you to cover it up. Get proof and get this corrected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure