We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Two PCNs from CMS Ltd -
Sarebear
Posts: 2 Newbie
Hey there,
My apologies if I'm repeating something which has been brought up before - I wasn't able to find anything which was similar to my situation.
So, I have a permit for the accommodation I was staying in on a short term basis but I got two PCNs when I failed to put the permit back on my dashboard after it fell whilst I was driving. I appealed pretty much straight away, before reading up on what to do and therefore gave CMS all my details, as well as telling them that I was the driver at the time. Surprise surprise, both the appeals were rejected. Following the advice on the newbie thread, I will be in the "ignore debt collectors letter" stage, once I've gone past 28 days from the ticket issue as it seems pretty pointless to appeal to the IAS from what I've read.
Is the advice still to follow what is on the newbie thread, even though I've given them all my details? I just wanted to double check that I was doing the best thing so I don't have to pay £200!
Thanks for your help!
My apologies if I'm repeating something which has been brought up before - I wasn't able to find anything which was similar to my situation.
So, I have a permit for the accommodation I was staying in on a short term basis but I got two PCNs when I failed to put the permit back on my dashboard after it fell whilst I was driving. I appealed pretty much straight away, before reading up on what to do and therefore gave CMS all my details, as well as telling them that I was the driver at the time. Surprise surprise, both the appeals were rejected. Following the advice on the newbie thread, I will be in the "ignore debt collectors letter" stage, once I've gone past 28 days from the ticket issue as it seems pretty pointless to appeal to the IAS from what I've read.
Is the advice still to follow what is on the newbie thread, even though I've given them all my details? I just wanted to double check that I was doing the best thing so I don't have to pay £200!
Thanks for your help!
0
Comments
-
you dont have to pay anything unless you lost in court , the IAS is a waste of time although you could try it if there is still time ?
you should also be complaining to the management company or landowner and demanding 2 cancellations, they have lost no money and you are entitled to park, so check your deeds or AST and see what the requirements are
next time dont give any of them the drivers details, appeal as keeper
yes the NEWBIES sticky thread is up to date, it always is0 -
Thanks for the reply - I appreciate the advice. Yeah, if it ever happens again, I will be back on here to follow the advice right from the start.
Thanks again!0 -
it seems pretty pointless to appeal to the IAS from what I've read.
On the contrary, an anonymous ill-considered refusal from them is a sure fire winner should they be daft enough to take you to court. Read this.
http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/are-independent-parking-company.html
Besides, it costs them moneyYou never know how far you can go until you go too far.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards