We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Loading bay parking fine
boltonangel
Posts: 1,018 Forumite
Hi
Im a Rep delivering stock to corner shops etc.
Yesterday I was in a loading bay outside of a shop in Doncaster town centre. The signs say loading only.
Part of the job is that I have to find out what the retailer needs before getting it out of the car to deliver.
There was a queue in the shop yesterday so it took me longer than usual to get the order.
As I came out to get the stock a traffic warden was stood with a ticket in his hand (not on the car) he said he'd waited 5 minutes and I hadn't returned. I showed him my car full of stock but he said it's for loading only and nothing else then stuck the ticket on the car.
I understand that it's for loading but unfortunately I have to always wait for retailers to give me orders.
It's a very quiet loading bay and I have never had issues before with the other traffic wardens in Doncaster.
Is there any point in appealing?
The ticket states that he waited 5 minutes without me returning to the vehicle. I think it was probably 5 minutes whilst I was talking to him.
Im a Rep delivering stock to corner shops etc.
Yesterday I was in a loading bay outside of a shop in Doncaster town centre. The signs say loading only.
Part of the job is that I have to find out what the retailer needs before getting it out of the car to deliver.
There was a queue in the shop yesterday so it took me longer than usual to get the order.
As I came out to get the stock a traffic warden was stood with a ticket in his hand (not on the car) he said he'd waited 5 minutes and I hadn't returned. I showed him my car full of stock but he said it's for loading only and nothing else then stuck the ticket on the car.
I understand that it's for loading but unfortunately I have to always wait for retailers to give me orders.
It's a very quiet loading bay and I have never had issues before with the other traffic wardens in Doncaster.
Is there any point in appealing?
The ticket states that he waited 5 minutes without me returning to the vehicle. I think it was probably 5 minutes whilst I was talking to him.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself.
wins - peroni bottle opener, peroni bowl, peroni coastersx2 and a vodkat cocktail kit,
would love to win something 'proper'!!
wins - peroni bottle opener, peroni bowl, peroni coastersx2 and a vodkat cocktail kit,
would love to win something 'proper'!!
0
Comments
-
Anyone????Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself.
wins - peroni bottle opener, peroni bowl, peroni coastersx2 and a vodkat cocktail kit,
would love to win something 'proper'!!0 -
pepipoo.com are the experts on council parking tickets whereas MSE is primarily aimed at private parking tickets.
Your best bet is to take redacted scans of paperwork, pics of signs (or google streetview) and have a read of the FAQs on pepipoo before posting your query over there.I married my cousin. I had to...I don't have a sister.
All my screwdrivers are cordless."You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks0 -
Deleted. Ignore.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
