We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Unable to buy a parking ticket
philip77_2
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi,
Apologies if this has been covered before I did search the newbies thread to see if I could find reference to my particular issue and could not.
I have been issued with a PCN for parking without purchasing a ticket which I have appealed on the grounds that on the day in question the parking company went live with a new website which did not work correctly. As a result this method of paying for parking was unavailable. I continued to try to pay for parking on the website throughout the day in the hope that the problem would be sorted it was not.
In addition I also called the telephone number in order to try and pay for parking, unfortunately every time I called (on at least 5 separate occasions throughout the day) I spent 10-20 min in a queue and being at work I had work to do so could not spend an entire day in a queue so had to hang up and keep trying at different points of the day.
I appealed on the grounds that I had made sufficient attempts to pay for parking and that it was the parking companies inability to accept my payment on this particular day that caused the issue.
My appeal was rejected on the grounds that "I did not display a valid ticket" and I was referred to popla. My question is twofold
- It appears from the response to my appeal that they have not actually read my appeal as I never claimed to have a ticket rather that I was unable to purchase one through no fault of my own so can I go back to them to appeal again rather than popla?
- If i do have to go through popla then the reasons listed on the popla information as reasons for appeal don't appear to cover a scenario where you are unable to pay because websites, telephone lines etc. don't work or can't cope with demand, does anyone know what the correct way to appeal on these grounds is?
Thank you,
Philip
Apologies if this has been covered before I did search the newbies thread to see if I could find reference to my particular issue and could not.
I have been issued with a PCN for parking without purchasing a ticket which I have appealed on the grounds that on the day in question the parking company went live with a new website which did not work correctly. As a result this method of paying for parking was unavailable. I continued to try to pay for parking on the website throughout the day in the hope that the problem would be sorted it was not.
In addition I also called the telephone number in order to try and pay for parking, unfortunately every time I called (on at least 5 separate occasions throughout the day) I spent 10-20 min in a queue and being at work I had work to do so could not spend an entire day in a queue so had to hang up and keep trying at different points of the day.
I appealed on the grounds that I had made sufficient attempts to pay for parking and that it was the parking companies inability to accept my payment on this particular day that caused the issue.
My appeal was rejected on the grounds that "I did not display a valid ticket" and I was referred to popla. My question is twofold
- It appears from the response to my appeal that they have not actually read my appeal as I never claimed to have a ticket rather that I was unable to purchase one through no fault of my own so can I go back to them to appeal again rather than popla?
- If i do have to go through popla then the reasons listed on the popla information as reasons for appeal don't appear to cover a scenario where you are unable to pay because websites, telephone lines etc. don't work or can't cope with demand, does anyone know what the correct way to appeal on these grounds is?
Thank you,
Philip
0
Comments
-
you are not the only person , see http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/is-this-kind-of-behaviour-supreme-court.html
please tell us which company you are involved with0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards