We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Thread Sunday 2nd August

2»

Comments

  • So sad to read that Cilla Black has passed away, she was one of the endearing group of entertainers through our teenager and early 20's years.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Good evening everyone :hello:

    It's been a beautiful sunny day here today which has been great for the tourists. I'm just popping on to say hello whilst I wait for my shopping to be delivered. I've joined the grocery challenge for this month so I will have to be a bit (a lot) more careful with what I buy.

    I went out to church today and it was brilliant to see everyone again. I've really missed my friends there and I felt I'd accomplished something by getting out. I even caught the bus home again which felt great. My lovely DD12 came with me and she enjoyed seeing her friends there too.

    The girls want to decorate their rooms so I've ordered paint and all the gubbins that go with it, drat, I've just realised I forgot the gloss paint! Oh well, I will see if I can add it onto the order in a minute. Anyway, if they can stop arguing for five minutes they will sort out their bedrooms this week and get cracking.

    I hope your OH feels better Deleted_User and also sending hugs and prayers to Mr TA and to you TravellingAbuela as I think it is sometimes harder for the other person as you need to support them with what they are going through and you still have all the worries and fears yourself x

    Anyway, that's it from me for today, hope you all managed to enjoy your day whatever you were up to, take care xx
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Just thought i would nip on say hi. It would have been Pinks birthday yesterday. Must say, this place isn't the same without her.:(

    Love to all:happylove

    Zip xxx
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

  • Hi ZIPPY nice to see you posting and Happy Birthday Pink, she'll know you miss her and she'll be there with you somewhere sharing life and caring about you too pet. Remember the fun things, smile about them and rest assured Pink will be smiling along with you, Love and hugs, Lyn xxx.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    thanks MrsL, kind words xxx
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.