We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Thread Sunday 2nd August
Hard_Up_Hester
Posts: 4,656 Forumite
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
Chin up, Titus out.
0
Comments
-
Morning all
Fish fed, hubby & I have a cuppa, not sure what I'm doing today, I'll probably make a batch of beetroot chutney & some rhubarb compote to make use of stuff from the garden. as hubby has lots to do in the garden.
We have roast lamb for lunch with HG pots, runner beans, carrots & cabbage, yummy.
We went to a family BBQ yesterday, met BIL's latest squeeze, then we went to see MIL, she's looking well, all things considered, she is receiving regular help from Macmillan, FIL on the other hand looks dreadful, he isn't coping & is very yellow, I have a good idea why, but didn't get chance to speak to him discretely as there was another visitor there as well.
Driving there was the furthest I've gone since my eye treatment & I was a bit stressed but the journey was ok so we will start going regularly again now. I don't want hubby to get like BIL who is afraid to visit for fear of seeing how MIL is looking.
Have a good day everyone
Hugs HesterChin up, Titus out.0 -
Morning All
Overcast here and another wet day forecast. Managed to get 2 loads of washing dried yesterday as it was quite windy. Brought it in about 11.30 when the heavens opened. It rained pretty much all day after that.
Wanted to upcycle a chest of drawers I was given for DD that was in the big cupboard under the stairs. The cupboard was full of dust from stripping the stairs so I hoovered it all up - the hoover needs washing out now! Anyway, took the drawers outside and gave them a good scrub, will start on them later now they are dry.
Going to friends across the road this afternoon for their son's birthday tea, swimming this morning - DD will drop me off as she is taking the car to work, rubbish trains on a Sunday.
DW emptied and downstairs bathroom wiped down, will do the upstairs one when I come back from swimming.
Hope you all have a good Sunday, take care. XX0 -
Good Morning everyone and what a glorious morning it is at the moment . blue skies and sunshine:),I'll probaly make the most of it with the family today.
mrs Lurchwalker I remember going to Barcelona years ago with my DD (1986) and the Zoo was fantastic then.There was a white gorilla (very rare) that was beautiful.
Barcelona is a lovely city and we even went on a tour of the famous Barca football ground.I remember it being blistering hot and the pitch was this wonderful deep green and the rest of the surrounding area was so parched
:):) A lovely city that I would recommend to anyone ,a stroll down the Ramblas with the birds singing was well worth the trip alone
Well a new shiny month ahead and only 12 more days until our holiday.Hanging on to my cash as much as I can for the extra treats when we go away.
I started watching the boxed set of DVDs that DGS Danny loaned me of True Detectives and am really enjoying it.
Right off to have a shower and tidy up a little bit.Then maybe a bit of baking and listening to The Archers
:):)
I've sorted out my food cupboards yesterday and still have lots of stuff to use, so no food shopping for me this week (fingers crossed)
Have a great day everyone and I hope the sun shines down on you where ever you are
:):)
Cheers chums,
JackieO xxx0 -
Morning one and all. Miserable start here but forecast to improve by mid morning, so will get our bedding in the WM as soon as Mr TA gets up.
After the hectic week we've just had nothing else is planned for today. Mr TA was right off it yesterday and didn't feel like eating. I had made a fish pie for supper, but he said the only thing he could face was a small bowl of soup. So the fish pie went in the fridge and I will warm it up for lunch if he is feeling a bit better. I shall just be glad when we see the consultant in two weeks and treatment can start. At least something will be happening, even though the treatment will probably make him feel even worse. It is such a worry.
Have a good day all whatever you are up to (((((((HUGS))))))) to those in need. Take care xx"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"0 -
Morning everyone.
Yesterday the rains did come but no-where as bad as the forecast. Ten second bursts and then bright sunshine, then a good soaking later. I spent odd half hours in the garden doing more clearing out of weeds and foliage. I took photos of all my unknown plants, posted the up in the greenfingers board and asked for help. Now, thanks to a lovely member, I now know what most of my plants are and what care they need.
Today I'll drive down to The Tree Shop at Loch Fyne for some more garden stuff. Weather is iffy with more rain coming, again.
Breakfast of the usual porridge and there is liver and onions for the main meal. I love it with mash and peas...such simple tastes.
This time next week I'll be 'leaving on a jet plane'.
I hope everyone has a good day.0 -
Good Morning everyone, it's going to be a scorcher here today, forecast 27 degrees but I will structure my day so in the hottest part I'm doing something indoors! He Who Knows is taking DD1 home today and staying for a couple of days. Last year she had a log burner installed and earlier this year she noticed that the thick slate hearth that had been installed had raised at the front by nearly an inch. She contacted the company that had done the installation and they said they could do nothing as it was 18 months on. He Who Knows got on the case, the company suggested lifting the slab to see what was underneath but wouldn't come out to do it. DD and He Who Knows did lift it to find it had cracked in half and that the installation was very patchy, not properly bedded in and not properly supported. End result is the company are coming tomorrow to dismantle the stove, remove the old hearth that has broken, give her a new hearth plate and reinstall the stove and there will be NO CHARGE! RESULT!!!
I'll be running the veg plots for a few days, something I love and trying for inventive ways to use runner beans, courgettes and tomatoes. We had french stick pizzas for breakfast this morning to use up some tomatoes, very yummy they were too! Last night we had some spiralized courgette noodles as part of supper and I think today will involve some kind of runner bean vinaigrette salad, got to think out of the box!
Have yourselves a lovely day everyone, Lyn xxx.0 -
Morning all,
Beautiful day here again and meant to get very hot, I have the bedding in the wm and will hang it out after this, going to drop dd at work this morning but I have the day off
would like to go on an explore / walk with OH this afternoon, its been a while since we went walking.
Dinner tonight will be the gammon steak etc from yesterday with some nice yellow tomatoes I got from work.
Someone on here mentioned Goodwood racecourse during the week its very local to us and this weekend sees lots of extra visitors to the area you cant get a taxi for love nor money ! (not that we need one but dd needed one to get home the other evening) but the area is very beautiful and we often go walking around that area.
Mrs LW my aunt used to make runner bean chutney which really was delicious, might be worth googling the recipe ?
Right better get on, have good days all xx0 -
Morning ((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))00 if you need one.
G is here finishing off the garden, he has been a god send to us and is very reluctant to take any money.
OH started with palpitations last night, he slept ok, but they are still going this morning, so a quiet day for him. At least we are not getting the dizzies any more, fingers crossed.
Its a bit dull looks rather autumnal, the forecast is not too good for the week ahead, good job I have the washing up to date.0 -
Thanks for the idea REDRUBY I'll do just that, much appreciated!
Anyone else having problems staying logged in on MSE this weekend? Yesterday I couldn't go to more than 2 threads before being timed out. Today I'm still being timed out but it's letting me stay on just a little longer than yesterday, most annoying!!!0 -
Afternoon all,
Been pretty much MIA for most of the week,DH has been working at home so my usual routine has gone to pot.At the moment he is putting new fence posts in at the back while its dry.Am envious of those of you with good weather,its been rubbish here and so chilly.He put a second log burner in the house this week,so we have one in the living room and now one in the kitchen/diner and tried it out yesterday,lovely
We had DGS overnight.DS had him all day and we went to a childrens party with both DGC,they had a whale of a time.The Dad of the birthday child is an old friend of both DS he lived next door but 2 when they were young,and another of their friends was there too with his baby so it was nice to catch up with them.Went back to DS house so DGS could have his nap,then they dropped me off at home and they went visiting and then came back.DGS is away for a week now,we'll all miss him,at 20 months he's getting to be a very entertaining character
.He woke this morning at 6.10 when Lyladog barked,its usually when she hears something untoward.Sure enough when I peeped out there was a man rooting about in the skip on the front garden,he shot off when he saw me
.Anyway I got DGS a drink,then we all nodded off again for another hour and a half.
Not sure what I'm doing for tea,plenty in,but my bro and SIL are meant to be visiting at some point.Hope they turn up,we've tidied up :rotfl:
Hugs to Mr & Mrs TA and anyone else in need xx:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
