Maplin game capture help with set up

in Techie Stuff
2 replies 2K views
November2November2 Forumite
1.1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
My Nephew has bought the Maplin USB game capture to use with a ps3 but we have no idea how to set it up. It has green/blue/red input and outputs. Am I right in thinking I need to buy a new cable which will run from the ps3 to the capture box. At the moment all I have is the standard ps3 to tv wire which is red/yellow/white. It did include a wire that is green/blue/red but that is an output from the capture box to the tv. Any ideas?

Replies

• November2November2 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can anyone help? I've now bought the 5 pin ps3 cable with the blue/green/red ends but still no good. All I've got on opening the computer programme is a blank screen. Do we have to alter the programme settings? Opening settings it is automatically set to ntsc 60hz, I've tried altering to Pal but still doesn't do anything. I now have a blue/green/red video and red/white audio lead running from ps3 to capture box, a blue/red/green video and white/red audio from capture box to tv, capture box is connected to laptop with the usb that was included in the box. Is there something in the ps3 settings we need to change? Please help this is sending me nuts!
  • barmonkeybarmonkey Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Different unit but it sets up the same I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99ovoUp8_I
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals