IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Park Watch ( Defence Systems)

Options
Just received a parking fine for a vehicle which is clearly not mine
The reg plate number in the photo is different to the one quoted in the text
That`s a simple issue to resolve but what concerns me is that in the two pages of text I received, nowhere is there printed a telephone number to contact this shower !
Gives me three methods of payment but not a single method of contact
Surely this must fall foul of the BPA code of Conduct ?

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 July 2015 at 6:40PM
    Options
    laroc wrote: »
    Just received a parking fine for a vehicle which is clearly not mine
    The reg plate number in the photo is different to the one quoted in the text
    That`s a simple issue to resolve but what concerns me is that in the two pages of text I received, nowhere is there printed a telephone number to contact this shower !
    Gives me three methods of payment but not a single method of contact
    Surely this must fall foul of the BPA code of Conduct ?

It is not a fine.

It may be a trick to try to get you to reveal who was driving. Don't fall for it.

Why on earth do you want a 'phone number for the PPC? The advice on here is NEVER 'phone a parking company.

You could either ignore it or tell the PPC they have the wrong keeper, but they may then send out a new NTK for you to deal with.
    You could wait to see if a POFA compliant NTK with the correct vehicle and keeper details arrive on your doormat and do nothing in the meantime.
    Alternatively, appeal around day 21 exactly as per the template in the NEWBIES thread (that hopefully you have read before posting) stating the PPC have not provided any proof that the vehicle is registered o you.
    Or, send in a soft appeal then use the above bit about no proof in your PoPLA appeal which will cost the PPC 27 quid plus VaT. Personally I would do the latter.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    edited 30 July 2015 at 6:49PM
    Options
    Have a read of the sticky thread **NEWBIES!! for advice and information on how to deal with the parking charge.

Have you received a postal notice to Keeper - in which the photos have a different reg no to the vehicle reg the notice has been issued for ?

If so you will need to appeal this irrespective of the fact the photos don't match because they have used your reg no to obtain your details.
    See the 1st appeal template in NEWBIES.

It is never advisable to speak with a parking company by phone btw

Park Watch aka Defence Systems Ltd APPEALS address is

Appeals Department, Suite 12, The Shippon, Church Road, Dodleston, Chester, CH4 9NG

They also have a web site parkwatch.co.uk
  • laroc
    laroc Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Point taken about phoning
    This was just my initial reaction at receiving this paperwork ( no fine then)
    I shall ignore it, as the photo is clearly not my car
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't ignore it, appeal it. Put in some rubbish one-line appeal to the company that is sure to get rejected (don't mention the incorrect reg) and then put in a very simple one-line appeal to PoPLA pointing out that they've got the wrong car. Submit the incorrect Notice to as evidence to PoPLA.

Bit of a pain that you have to do it in writing to the company, but the PoPLA stage can be done online.

The point of this is that (i) it costs the barstewards £27+VAT when it gets to PoPLA and (ii) more companies are currently getting litigious, and getting it killed at PoPLA means there's no chance of you finding out one day that you've got a CCJ against you that you didn't even know about.

In parallel, complain to DVLA that the company has accessed your personal details without reasonable cause ('cos it wasn't your bloody car!).
    Je suis Charlie.
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    +1 A simple appeal will suffice.

I am appealing because this is not my vehicle. The photographs show the registration is different.

You could also send them an invoice for your time and postage.

£100 seems about right. (The court of appeal made a judgment it was not worth invoicing for an amount which was not worth pursuing incourt)
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family