Car Insurance Advice

Options
I am currently having a battle with my insurance and my car repair. I was involved in an accident which wasn't my fault but the driver disappeared and as it was on a busy motorway it was impossible to trace them. My car had a damaged back bumper and needed part of the wing spraying. The car was driveable but it looked a bit of a mess. The car went to the repairer on 20 June and despite numerous phonecalls it seemed to be taking an age. The usual excuses were that my insurance company wouldn't sanction the repair (which the insurers claim is a pack of lies) and that they hadn't received the parts from Citroen. It eventually appeared that after 6 weeks and despite numerous phone calls nothing had been done. This week has been an absolute joke with the car being promised to me Tue pm/Wed am at the latest. The director of the repair company even promised me it would definitely be ready Thursday. Now(Thursday) I have been promised the car will be delivered back to me by Friday. However, I don't believe them. I wouldn't whether there is any form of legal action I could take as between the insurers and the repairers I have had my summer holiday totally spoilt as it is pretty impossible to take a family of 5 camping in a 1.2 three door Nova!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure