Eyelash oil/serum

Options
Finally acknowledged that no mascara is going to make my sparse stubby eyelashes look good.

I'm late 50's no health problems and a good diet, but hair and eyelashes are not as thick and lovely as they were. Everything else is thicker though !

I tried a Mavala serum a couple of years back which made no difference at all.

So any helpful suggestions would be welcome.

Just to say as it's MSE please don't suggest the £90 Elizabeth Arden product !

Comments

• GFN123
    GFN123 Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    Olive oil (extra virgin). Yes really!

I have the shortest eyelashes (half Oriental), and I started the oil cleansing method over a year ago as it's good for acne prone skin. Oil is great at removing make up/eye make up.

I didn't even think about it until about 4 or 5 months in I noticed how long my eyelashes had got! It can only be the olive oil, as that's the only thing that changed. They got at least a third longer and I still oil cleanse and they've stayed long, and healthy :)
    Proud to be a moneysaver :)
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    I had the worst eyelashes ever. I wasn't born with any and they never really grew, so they were really short and sparse. The only product that has noticeably worked is Revitalash. Couldn't be without it now.

I buy it from qvc as that way I know it's the genuine article. It does appear to be expensive but it lasts ages. Can't recommend it highly enough.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had the worst eyelashes ever. I wasn't born with any and they never really grew, so they were really short and sparse. The only product that has noticeably worked is Revitalash. Couldn't be without it now.

I buy it from qvc as that way I know it's the genuine article. It does appear to be expensive but it lasts ages. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Another vote for Revitalash bought from qvc, it really does work and lasts for ages.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Armchair23
    Armchair23 Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Well thanks, but at those prices scarce and stubby it is .....
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I know someone using Castor Oil and it is really cheap however please check / read beforehand as people normally use it for hair loss and occasionally I saw couple of people using it for eyelashes. They use an old mascara wand to put the product on eyelashes.
    ally.
    Options
    Armchair23 wrote: »
    Well thanks, but at those prices scarce and stubby it is .....

My first Revitalash purchase was a special offer. I think I got it on easy pay and was something like £45.

It does seem a big pull out but it's well worth it. It lasts months and months. So overall it's very cheap.

I bought my first one and then just put some money aside each month to pay for another tube.
  • emma-6584
    emma-6584 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    I know someone using Castor Oil and it is really cheap however please check / read beforehand as people normally use it for hair loss and occasionally I saw couple of people using it for eyelashes. They use an old mascara wand to put the product on eyelashes.

Another vote for the castor oil and olive oil. I use a blend of both, 4 parts castor oil to 1 part olive oil. I use it for eye lashes and eye brows. I had some gaps on my lash line and in my brows which were such a pain to fill in with makeup. I have also used
    Revitalash and have found the castor oil/olive oil mix to be just as good!! And I pay about £3 for the castor oil :) It takes about a month to start seeing the growth change, I literally saw nothing and thought it was a waste of time and then almost over night I noticed a really big difference!
    July 2015 - £997 in Debt.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries challenge, started June 2015 UU x 18, TA x 6, IN x 26.
    July 2015 - No more paying full price!!
  • Armchair23
    Options
    Thanks all, I think I'll give the castor oil a go and start saving for the Revitalash in case the oil doesn't help.
    £60 + is a lot of money for 2ml of product even if it does get rave reviews.
    Options
    2ml seems a small amount but believe me it isn't. You'll be surprised how little you use each time you apply it.

Keep an eye on QVC this product goes on special offer quite often.
  • Armchair23
    Options
    Just been looking at the Revitalash ingredients and glycerine is one of the first ones shown.

Obviously it's just a carrier for all the other content but I might just try a Castor oil glycerine combo !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure