• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,964 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 July 2015 at 9:58PM
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    Please consider signing this e-petition:

Click this link to sign the petition:
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/105271/sponsors/AXjXYqX7dZDCruJTx4Wp

HMRC change their helpline numbers from starting with 03 to starting with 0800.
    1. Making a call to HMRC can be costly and often callers have spent money only to be cut off. 2. Tax payers should not be forced to pay for help from a government service for which they already pay. Therefore, HMRC should change their helpline numbers from starting with 0300 to starting with 0800.

NB: This may be costly for some mobile users, but increasingly 0800 number are free from Mobile providers.

I'm confused - when I click that link I can't see anything showing the wording of the petition - I could be signing to support absolutely anything ?

Can you provide a source to support the assertion that the helpline numbers will be changing ? They appear to be 0300 numbers at present and most government departments are currently in the process of changing their 0845 numbers to 0345, so this seems rather a retrograde step if true.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/income-tax-enquiries-for-individuals-pensioners-and-employees
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure