disabled parking slot on street

Options
Hi

does anyone have any information on how to go about getting a disabled slot put in the street that I live on.

The council have said that they don't do them, I realise it is not for "my" use but for any blue badge holder, but I am not sure what to do, I know friends that live in other councils and they have had one put in, some have had to pay towards it which I don't mind.

I just don't know what to do to encourage them to install one?

anyone?

thanks in advance
2007 £1749
2008 £291.99
2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
total so far for 09 £92.99

Comments

• Dippypud
    Dippypud Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Ask at your local CAB or DIAL if you have them, if not your local council should have a Welfare Advisor, ask then for the procedure ...
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z # 40 spanner supervisor.
    No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thought.
    Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.
    "l! ilyë yantë ranya nar vanwë"
  • Dippypud
    Dippypud Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    dipsy wrote: »
    Hi

does anyone have any information on how to go about getting a disabled slot put in the street that I live on.

The council have said that they don't do them, I realise it is not for "my" use but for any blue badge holder, but I am not sure what to do, I know friends that live in other councils and they have had one put in, some have had to pay towards it which I don't mind.

I just don't know what to do to encourage them to install one?

anyone?

thanks in advance

What council in S. Yorks ?

This is from Sheffield City Council :
    https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/about/ttaps/traffic-regulations/advisory-markings.html
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z # 40 spanner supervisor.
    No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thought.
    Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.
    "l! ilyë yantë ranya nar vanwë"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport